• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73tii brought back to life part 1

iinca

Here's a couple more shots of the carpet install and the tools for the job. Pic of the steering column and the simple little cut to let the carpet up around it.

Next time around I'll be prepared to do this job and knock it out in alot less time.

Once you KNOW where to do all the relief cuts your golden'. 

*Note: As mentioned here on the FAQ before add a soldering iron to that 'kit' for poking nice clean holes that will not FRAY'

Also still STRUGGLING to get the DOOR SILLS to 'click' into place!!!!!!

Anyone else have this problem after a carpet job? It's killing me..I need to move on to fininshing the BUFF'!

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

After installing Esty's carpet kit in the last car I couldn't get the door sills to clip into place either.  Turns out I was trying to install them backwards.  Flipped them around and they snapped right on. 

• Like 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

2 hours ago, Bmwgirl said:

Iinca is a Princess in my eyes and it takes one to know one! :)

Don’t draw conclusions based on a member’s avatar. Iinca’s is a photo of his granddaughter... ?

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Let's do some more polishing!

I lost my best newest cleanest water bottle and motor when my car was pilfered during the spring.

I found another bottle and motor for $20 bux here on the faq. Today I combined my last nice water bottle and the motor from that transaction

It took me about an hour of cleaning with rough and fine steel wool + grease cleaner for the nasty hose. The hammer was for tapping the motor on and off the bottles

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3952.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iinca said:

Let's do some more polishing!

I lost my best newest cleanest water bottle and motor when my car was pilfered during the spring.

I found another bottle and motor for $20 bux here on the faq. Today I combined my last nice water bottle and the motor from that transaction

It took me about an hour of cleaning with rough and fine steel wool + grease cleaner for the nasty hose. The hammer was for tapping the motor on and off the bottles

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3952.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

That’s a mighty white reservoir!  Did you apply the steel wool to that?

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)