• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 BMW 2002 Test Drive

halboyles

dope old school video

back then the british hated anything not british so if the guy likes the 2002 he must've really really liked it

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

1 hour ago, bmw_e30 said:

dope old school video

back then the british hated anything not british so if the guy likes the 2002 he must've really really liked it

Hated??? In the early ‘70s we had to run around in Morris Marinas, Austin Allegros, Vauxhall Vivas; don’t think us British thought these were the bees knees, it was what we could afford. Fortunately, we did have the Ford Capri. Generally, only the well-heeled could afford a foreign car in the UK.

That video would have been 1971. I paid the equivalent of £800 in 1973 for a 1971 2002 in Germany, I could not have justified paying around double for the same 2 year old car in the UK. In the late '70s (working in Germany) I toyed with the idea of buying a new BMW 525. In Germany (admittedly LHD) in ran about £4000, where the same, but RHD, car in the UK was close to double.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

30 minutes ago, resra said:

The reporter says "BMW claims 32 MPG at a steady 70 MPH for the Fuel injection model"

I say, that is super impressive even in today's standard.

Check the difference between US and imperial gallons. I have fallen for that as well. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

Another reason why I like metric. 

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/