• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New book on the history of the 2002

I bought my copy the first time I went through the exhibit early on and it just has the 24 cars.  When I went back at the end of the exhibit, I saw Steve and Lisa cars that weren't there the first time through.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HarryPR said:

You all better not post any spoilers. It takes longer to get here and I don't get mine until next Tuesday.?

Mine's showing up today!  I won't give away the ending ?  

• Haha 1

Tim Dennison

'72 BMW 2002 tii - Malaga,  '02 BMW Z3 Coupe Sterling Gray,  '09 BMW 650i - Carbon Black,  '15 BMW 228i Estoril Blue,  '19 BMW Z4 30 - San Francisco Red

15 hours ago, Jackie Jouret said:

Sorry you guys didn't get the version that you wanted. It's one of those "not my department" things, unfortunately -- I only do the writing, and the rest of the process tends to elude me -- but I didn't know they were still selling the originals after we published the expanded version. Sorry they didn't make it clear!

Of the two copies on my coffee table, only the original copy picked at the Icon exhibit opening is signed by Jackie.  Wish I could get the second, expanded copy, signed also.  Coffee table is filling up.

Don

• Haha 1

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

11 hours ago, HarryPR said:

You all better not post any spoilers. It takes longer to get here and I don't get mine until next Tuesday.?

HA!  The last sentence .... “Automotive technology has moved on, but the 2002 remains the quintessential BMW, now and forever”

Spoiler achieved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Tom,

You and I are clearly reading different versions of Jackie’s new book!

Here’s how my version ends: By 2019, these crotchety old cars — with heaters and defrosters antiquated by the time the cars were sold new, no factory air, wind noise like a jet plane — were just a sad memory and viewed as worthless scrap.... ?

I’m ready to take a hit for the team. This offer extends to all forum members: Sign your title and ship it, along with that worthless scrap, to me...?

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

3 hours ago, Conserv said:

By 2019, these crotchety old cars — with heaters and defrosters antiquated by the time the cars were sold new, no factory air, wind noise like a jet plane — were just a sad memory and viewed as worthless scrap....

Statement begs for the author's explanation .

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

3 hours ago, Jackie Jouret said:

Did you actually finish it, or did you just turn to the last page to see how it ends? ?

Nope, I’m one of those who skips to the end ..... I think I’m hooked!

• Like 1

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

I wonder if Glas' designer for the Glas 1304 CL and George Bertram were friends. The Glas 1304 CL has an uncanny resemblance to Bertram's 1963 sketch. Maybe he went to BMW's Touring design meetings after BMW bought Glas??

glasCL03.thumb.jpg.74c00ec040c74ba16889c220dcff0b46.jpg782226399_Glas1304CL.thumb.jpg.968b245b7c12a3f81ef07ccb721d2f8b.jpg

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17