• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cooling system issues

grizzlebar

I've had very good luck with 160 degree thermostats on more than one car.  Before putting in the 160, my car's occasional temperature rise was a concern.   After the 160 install, the temperature gauge rarely gets up to horizontal, and never above it.  The rest of the cooling system is totally stock.  While I'm probably losing some engine efficiency, the peace of mind seeing that needle so low is worth it to me. 

I'm not proposing that this would cure the cooling/circulation problem in this case- it seems like more is going on here.  

• 2 weeks later...

Update: got a new water pump and had the radiator hot tanked, flushed and tested. Put everything back this afternoon and it seems to be working. Need to get under the car to tighten up one of the hoses and open the front to remount the electric fan but it looks like I’m in the clear.

• Like 1