• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First 02!!

majdomo

I like the green 74. Of course I'd go over it with a fine toothed comb before I made an offer, but from little pix there are it looks ok. Show up with cash and drive her home perhaps? Make sure you do an onsite compression test first.

Having just spent 3 years restoring a 74, I'd be chomping at the bit to get my hands on a rust free example now that I know my way around. Maybe 7k, all cash would take it?

Good luck!

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

18 minutes ago, NYNick said:

I like the green 74. Of course I'd go over it with a fine toothed comb before I made an offer, but from little pix there are it looks ok. Show up with cash and drive her home perhaps? Make sure you do an onsite compression test first.

Having just spent 3 years restoring a 74, I'd be chomping at the bit to get my hands on a rust free example now that I know my way around. Maybe 7k, all cash would take it?

Good luck!

Thanks. Heard from the seller last night that they’ve taken a deposit, but will get in touch later this week to see if the sale went through. Came very close to bidding on a 74 tii on eBay that sold yesterday for $10k, but not as dry as I’d like, etc.

Also got in touch with a seller from over the summer, who has a solid 73 Verona in Palm Springs, will go a little further there. 

I also have a scammer on the line, trying to sell me a fully restored and documented 72 Nevada for $12k, shipped! Unfortunately he’s on an oil rig in the ocean with all the time in the world to write me long notes about how to send payment...

• Like 1

Talked to the seller of this original owner 70 Atlantik last night. Allegedly all the significant rust has been mitigated / repaired, and sports a recent respray. Lots of records, lots of good memories and good vibe from the owner. Mechanicals are apparently sorted, newer Bilsteins.

Aside from obligatory underbody, spare wheel well and fender / rocker shots, what am I missing here? I love this color...

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1970/bmw/2002/101104624

1 hour ago, majdomo said:

Talked to the seller of this original owner 70 Atlantik last night. Allegedly all the significant rust has been mitigated / repaired, and sports a recent respray. Lots of records, lots of good memories and good vibe from the owner. Mechanicals are apparently sorted, newer Bilsteins.

Aside from obligatory underbody, spare wheel well and fender / rocker shots, what am I missing here? I love this color...

19.5k is pretty steep in my book,then I'm cheap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jp5Touring said:

19.5k is pretty steep in my book,then I'm cheap.

It is - and I am as cheap as anyone - but he's willing to move down significantly, what makes sense?

Hagerty says $14.5K but not sure how accurate that is.

Plus, now having the itch for a Paul Wegweiser-style cleanup / bratty canyon carver project... dammit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, majdomo said:

He looks a little young to the original Owner.

He's been asking that price for several months now, so, I assume there's room to negotiate.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

20 minutes ago, 02Les said:

He looks a little young to the original Owner.

He's been asking that price for several months now, so, I assume there's room to negotiate.

That's likely a family member, if the story holds. There's room, just not sure what's a "fair deal" vs "insulting". Probably pretty individual, I would guess.

Front fenders likely replaced as there are no DOT reflectors. Rear deck lid sports a Roundel badge so it may be a later lid. Needs underneath shots as you know...

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

11 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Front fenders likely replaced as there are no DOT reflectors. Rear deck lid sports a Roundel badge so it may be a later lid. Needs underneath shots as you know...

Right on both counts. He noted as much yesterday.

Also - this is why FAQ is amazing.

15 minutes ago, majdomo said:

Getting ready to possibly get this one - if anyone sees any cardinal sins here let me know...

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/251341-wtb-02-in-ca/?tab=comments#comment-1373746

Looks ok from here.Go and have a test drive!

Cheers,

Ray

Looks ok from here.Go and have a test drive!

Cheers,

It’s in Monterey, unfortunately. I don’t mind rolling the dice on this given what I’m seeing, but would much much rather see it in person. Thanks for taking a look though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, majdomo said:

It’s in Monterey, unfortunately. I don’t mind rolling the dice on this given what I’m seeing, but would much much rather see it in person. Thanks for taking a look though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

You can be there by midnight.

No substitute for your own eyes...

Ray