• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii I am about to buy, help.

Dosky

That is a nice color that suits an 02 well. It reminds me of Emberglo metallic, a very rare optional color on '66 Mustangs that's one of my personal favorites.

If the paint's as nice as it looks in the picture, I'd be inclined to not do anything with it unless you must have a Malaga tii.

Oh, and I have front bumper shock covers as well for free plus shipping if you'd like ( unless you're planning on doing a chrome bumper conversion of course)...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

I do need those bumper covers.  I'll PM you.

I found a few things about the car.  The drive line vibration is the carrier bearing.  I also confirmed the motor number and VIN match.  I suppose the head was changed at some point.  That is why the block off plate on the fuel pump opening is there.

I'll need to find some seat bases / glides.

IMG_3913.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

IMG_3917.JPG

IMG_3918.JPG

• Like 8

Pretty color, very clean car.

The head on my '74 tii was replaced as well when the engine was rebuilt w/an E21 head that was worked over, including the addition of a custom grind 284 Dima Elgin cam. At that point, tii's weren't über desirable so the PO thought nothing of it.

Congrats again! And BTW, did you sell the Recaros???

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

8 hours ago, 02Les said:

That colour looks very much like BMW Topaz. Used on the E12s & others.

+1

A common color, here in the States, on e21’s, as well. Sure looks.... “Topaz-y” to me!

It does look like a very good paint job, as you said, Dosky

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Don't forget to buy at least one (probably both) of the door latch "corn kernels". Make those doors snap shut like factory. I have the PN around here somewhere.

Congrats on the new car, all sorts of fun for you coming up! Looks great, a keeper.

Jason

• Like 2

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

5 minutes ago, JsnPpp said:

Don't forget to buy at least one (probably both) of the door latch "corn kernels". Make those doors snap shut like factory. I have the PN around here somewhere.

Congrats on the new car, all sorts of fun for you coming up! Looks great, a keeper.

Jason

Good catch, Jason!

Cool!  Looks good.  I agree re the Topaz comments.  Get those bumper shock covers and corn kernals and the center support bearing going.  Might as well look at the giubo "while you're down there."  

I personally am not a fan of the 320i turbines on the 02.  I think there are better options out there.  That's just me.  

Big Point:  Good pickup.  Your tii searching is over.

• Like 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

I have  a set of OZ Alpina style 14's going on it.  Carrier bearing arrives tomorrow.  I'll be taking a more serious drive in it Saturday.  I absolutely don't intend on changing color.

The overall paint job is very nice and the body is extremely straight.  They kind of flat rated the bottom side of the car but I can detail that.

I do still have a freshly covered pair of tan Recaro seats.  I'd like to find stock, black front and rear seats for the Tii.  I'd consider trading my Recaros for stock black but I'd need front and rear.  This Tii has leather E30 seats right now and they are not a good fit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlytle said:

BMW reuse color names?  My topas e46..

20190921_140015.jpg

The 02 looks more like byzanz from an e36 m3.

It’s in our Color database, Marshall, because it was available on the 1977 1502:

I guess BMW just plain ran out of good color names.... ?

Best regards,

Steve

Wow, that's a great looking car! And this is a fantastic turn-around thread going on here :). Thanks for the more detailed writeup and photos @Dosky, it's fun to play along as you get into what seems to be a great find (IMO).

I too noticed the missing door-latch-thingies. I recently ordered them for one of my cars, and here's the part number:

51-21-1-809-735-M9

I bought the car and noticed the doors were a PITA to close -- had to really slam 'em hard to get the catch to catch all the way. Ordered these cheap buggers and put 'em on and immediately solved. Kinda the cheapest+bestest 02 fix :D

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002