• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii I am about to buy, help.

Dosky

They are on my parts list.  I'm replacing the carrier bearing Saturday morning.  I'll spend a few days driving it and putting together a thorough order for Pelican Parts.

Any other suggestions on parts sources?  I've used Maximillian, Turner, Pelican and 2 local guys.

I don't think so but I'll take a closer look.  The interior needs help, the carpet is not proper, the seats are from an e-30.  I'm trying to source seats now.  I'm not sure if I'll stay with black.  I may go to tan but it would be cheaper to stay with black since the door panels are in good shape.

14 minutes ago, Dosky said:

They are on my parts list.  I'm replacing the carrier bearing Saturday morning.  I'll spend a few days driving it and putting together a thorough order for Pelican Parts.

Any other suggestions on parts sources?  I've used Maximillian, Turner, Pelican and 2 local guys.

Steve @ Blunt Tech too!

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

OK, I found and repaired the drive line vibration.  I also changed the wheels.  I'm about to go through the FI adjustment process.  Any tips or suggestions on where to get step by step instructions?  I've read what Haynes has to say but thought I'd look for other write ups before starting, kind of like a doctor's second opinion.

IMG_3928.JPG

7 minutes ago, Dosky said:

I'm about to go through the FI adjustment process.  Any tips or suggestions on where to get step by step instructions?  I've read what Haynes has to say but thought I'd look for other write ups before starting, kind of like a doctor's second opinion.

http://www.2002tii.org/

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

On 10/3/2019 at 11:53 PM, otto said:

Are those early door cards on that car?? I don't when the pattern switched, just wondering.

The door card design was “updated” with the introduction of the square taillight body, so, 1974 model year. The door card on Dosky’s right door is the correct square taillight pattern: 6 smaller pleats and 1 double-width pleat; no upper (plastic) chrome trim.

Below, in a photo from August 1983, is the original right door card of my ‘76, exemplifying the square taillight style of door card. The second photo, ca, 2015, is of my ‘73, showing the round taillight style of door card: 8 small pleats and upper chrome trim. My door card’s chrome trim is... challenged!

Regards,

Steve

CD0D6FDB-BCC9-484C-946D-981F5807B22E.jpeg

832E1A9D-8645-4566-BE51-CBE52C4F61EF.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

The drive shaft carrier bearing was damaged.  I don't know how something like this can happen.  The motor and trans were out of the car to paint the engine bay.  I assume the bearing was damaged while the drive shaft was out of the car.  The shaft is straight, the guibo and rear u-joint seem fine.  Vibration is gone :))

IMG_3912.JPG