• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This won't last long - '72tii

02Les

9 minutes ago, NYNick said:

Scam or sold? Might be reconsidering his price as well.

Doesn't read like a scam, but you never know.

Jason

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Looks like this guy is still living in the 1987 tii world... ?

Parts car? I don’t think so... ?

VIN 2760958 is likely a Ceylon 1972 tii, manufactured February 1, 1972. And is that the famous Pinto radiator “cooling solution”? That was “super hot” — no pun intended — ca. 1981! ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

7 hours ago, 02Les said:

Like the red one on BAT the other day, an excellent opportunity to flip this and make some serious coin.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-1972-bmw-2002-tii-roundie/7005410341.html

778704948_27609581b.thumb.jpg.4d768aa2985d82d4ed6f65ccbb004b52.jpg

It's getting more common to find ads like this on craigslist and the ones that aren't outright scams typically turn out that the seller has no intention of letting the car go for the advertised price but is rather interested in starting a bidding war in lieu of letting the car go too cheaply.

I'm not surprised at all at a lack of response. I predict any responses will be either some sort of attempt at getting you to wire money (scam) or it will be a "I already have an offer of (this amount) on the car but if you're willing to make a better offer I'll consider it" (hustle). Good luck. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It's getting more common to find ads like this on craigslist and the ones that aren't outright scams typically turn out that the seller has no intention of letting the car go for the advertised price but is rather interested in starting a bidding war in lieu of letting the car go too cheaply.

I'm not surprised at all at a lack of response. I predict any responses will be either some sort of attempt at getting you to wire money (scam) or it will be a "I already have an offer of (this amount) on the car but if you're willing to make a better offer I'll consider it" (hustle). Good luck. 

Agreed, but emails are cheap and should be fun to see what happens.

Its one of the better ad's though if it is a scam.

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

I thought that looked like a Pinto radiator--been years since I saw one in a 2002.  You'll have to admit it's a pretty good fit.  this was the solution before E21 radiators or stock radiators modified with a 3 row core.

Interesting that it has Arizona plates that expired in 1994.  And didja notice the "no space" BMWCCA badge on the rear panel.  Those were pre-1987 when BMW forced the club to put a space between the "BMW" and the "CCA" in the club's logo.  

If it's a legitimate offer and the car's really in Austin, I'll bet Terry Sayther knows the car...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I bought 2761023 without a title, but from a known source.  There were some hoops to jump through, depending on how you do it.  But it wouldn't stop me.  Guy probably hasn't looked at 2002 prices in decades.  Probably got buried in email.  Probably thinking it's worth in the 20's when it's probably worth in the teens...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.