• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on car I purchased

Jas49301

15 minutes ago, Flunder said:

The paint scheme must have been inspired by the beautiful and historic 1600 ti vintage race car in this same  very cool Turf Green and Black livery. Can't load a pic but it will show up on a web search.

Good luck!

this one?

3515C613-9FB5-4BF3-9F67-E476A7D58EB6.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice car! There are more names in Chicago .. I am trying to remember the one I heard at a club event of a magician on these cars. 

A nice guy in Michigan is https://classicdaily.net/home-2/home/

in Bay City Michigan with lots of swaps and turbo's under his belt. https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC/

Where did you find your car? Grand Rapids?

5 hours ago, irdave said:

Best part?  Telling everyone it's stock and that's why they were so popular back in the day.  I do it now with the s14 under the hood.  :)

Aha! Now I know why I run into young’n’s that believe 7 x 15 was the stock rim size.... ??

Best regards,

Steve

• Haha 3

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 10/26/2019 at 9:23 PM, mike said:

It looks like a very well-crafted car, but with an M20 six, 5 speed, short neck diff and full CV joint axles, there's not a lot of '67 1600 left except the body shell--those parts were well in the future when that car was originally built.  With the upper part of the nose panel/radiator support cut away, I wonder what's holding the nose in place, especially when that heavy hood is up...and only six fuses?  Hope there's an auxiliary fusebox squirreled away somewhere...

Bet it's a fun ride!

mike

It looks like the nose was reinforced with square tubing. 

• Like 1

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

• 4 weeks later...

That Sun Valley shop is a mere four miles from me, but I never really bothered to stop in. There are a number of these things sprouting up around that industrial area where a lot of local junk yards are located. The old 2002AD location was in that area. Some of those new local shops bug me for my cars because they want to get a hold of them and do this type of modification.

As far as your car, there is hardly anything 67 about it. Not the dash, not the door cards, none of the interior, none of the mechanicals etc. The shell is 67, and that's about it. They've obviously put a lot of work in it, and it looks pretty tidy. With that motor and suspension, that car must fly. So, I'm sure it's really fun to drive. But, If the original 67 was anywhere in decent shape with no major rust etc, it's too bad they hacked it up, given the rarity and uniqueness of the early cars. But, early trim is especially hard to find, and I have a feeling they just didn't bother to even look for it.

I forgot what they were asking for it, but I remember it was too much. So, I hope you got a really good deal on it. The colors of the car are a tasteful tribute. But, Alpina it is not.

• Thanks 1