• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield and Gasket Source

maharaja

I'm on the hunt for replacement CLEAR glass myself, for my 1969 '02.

I can offer genuine BMW seals ($126.00) and the chrome bead strip ($53.00) and YES! Genuine BMW CLEAR glass for $349.00...but I'm currently searching for a less expensive local source for "Pilkington" brand glass so that I don't have to pay big shipping costs, for my own car. It is CRUCIAL to use factory seals, but I've had decent luck with aftermarket glass, regarding fit and sealing capabilities. 

If you need the seal(s) - we have them!

We can also offer CLEAR glass... but shipping can get expensive depending on your location from the East Coast. 

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2552&mospid=47140&btnr=51_3318&hg=51&fg=05

E mail me if I can help!

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

My experience is that many local USA auto glass shops have aftermarket glass for roughly $200.....that's what I'm hoping to find. The green tint stuff is easy....still calling locally to find CLEAR, however. At $158 I'm pretty confident that the W&N stuff is not genuine BMW.

Paul Wegweiser

27 minutes ago, rms_sandiego said:

Windshieldstogo.com supplies Pilkington glass. Easy to look up who the local distributor is on their site or a local warehouse location for pickup.. Current price in my location is $234. I've had good experiences with them. 

They have only tinted ones in their system...but they have one 11 miles from my home right now! I really want clear...but the price for the green tinted one is tempting! Thanks for the tip!

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Timely. I just looked into the WN windshield and the shipping costs were almost as much as the glass itself. Pass.

@rms_sandiego Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the site today.

James

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

I'm also looking for a clear windshield.  So far, I have only been able to find green ones locally (Seattle).  I checked with the local BMW dealer today - $628 for a clear one...

If anyone finds a source for clear aftermarket windshields, please let us know.

1971 2002ti

$628.00???? For local pick-up? Geez! I could deliver a Genuine BMW one from the East coast to you for less!

Cost from us: $353.00 plus maybe $160 in shipping charges. 

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2552&mospid=47140&btnr=51_3318&hg=51&fg=05

Paul Wegweiser

• 2 weeks later...