• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking Advice on Selling 1974 2002

Kristo

After seven wonderful years of daily driving and improving my 1974 2002 (“Stella”), I have sadly come to the conclusion that I need to sell her.   Do any of you folks have any advice on how to go about doing that, without having to brave the horrors of Craigslist? 

edit:  SOLD!

Edited by Kristo
Update

• 1 month later...

Kristo, Your post is stale, but if you’re still seeking advice, here my ‘02 cents worth...

Decide if you want to sell/negotiate direct to a private party or auction it through a third party.

If the former, consider posting ads on local/regional bmw enthusiast sites (such as this one, BMW CCA, bimmerforums), followed by larger audience sites (such as Hemings).

If the later, consider Bring a Trailer, where ‘02s regularly come up for sale and past sales/prices are archived to help both buyers and sellers determine market pricing. Read some of the archived auctions to get a sense of the questions and comments the BaT community can throw out there (it can be a tough crowd, especially for sellers who don’t make full disclosures on their cars) In either case, it will take time and effort on your part to get the best price for your car. 

Another option is to attend the BA02 Swap and Show in May and put a 4Sale sign on it in the swap meet lot or on the show field.

Have you tried to sell or sold your car yet?

Very nice! I was fortunate enough to have bought mine from a friend. Nothing better than to buy a car from a trusted friend with a known history. He set a fair price and it was a done deal. He was happy knowing the car would be well taken care of. Win-win for both of us. 

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors