• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please delete

Fixer

4 hours ago, Conserv said:

Thus, I reallly don’t know whether any ‘02’s received a 5-speed shift pattern on the dash!

Steve:

This 71 in Florida paint had a factory installed Close Ratio 5 speed and doesn't appear to have any shift pattern stencil on the dash.

Mark92131

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

• Like 2

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

7 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

Steve:

This 71 in Florida paint had a factory installed Close Ratio 5 speed and doesn't appear to have any shift pattern stencil on the dash.

Mark92131

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

Thank you, Mark!

I’m guessing the factory didn’t own a 5-speed shift pattern for such examples.

And, wow: what is that? An early 1971 Florida-over-Tobacco 2002 delivered new (to CA?) with close-ratio 5-speed. And it acquired a U.S. version of the sport steering wheel somewhere along the way. Given that it’s a pre-Modell 71 (built in or, more likely, before April 1971), I suppose that this could be a “fire-in-the-steering-wheel-factory-era” car, which acquired the wheel at the factory... ☺️

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

2 hours ago, esty said:

dude...deleting a 3 page post is not very neighborly...think of all the folks that might have learned from your question

+1

If I had to guess — and I do like to guess — I suspect he’d like to “control the narrative” upon resale.... 

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 7

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

12 minutes ago, Conserv said:

+1

If I had to guess — and I do like to guess — I suspect he’d like to “control the narrative” upon resale.... 

Best regards,

Steve

Interesting to note I was asked to delete my post as well this morning.....no reason given

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Conserv said:

I resist guessing ... but I’m with @Conserv on this one. I wonder if @02Les has it documented in the database already. -KB

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

I resist guessing ... but I’m with @Conserv on this one. I wonder if @02Les has it documented in the database already. -KB

Alright, this is why I wanted it deleted. It's not documented already. It's my car and asking to delete has nothing to do with reselling and I'm not a control freak. This is why I wanted this deleted it's too much. 

I'm not sure this attitude goes well with vintage cars. 

I'd say more of a "what's done, that's done, now the consequences" would be more appropriate then "oh snap, went wrong, now let's delete it". Would you delete this beautiful 2002 in your life with the same spirit? Because, trust me, there will be plenty of "those" moments where it all seems like not worth the hassle.

• Like 1

This is how it goes these days.  People take ten selfies and pick the the one they look the best in.  Not really reality is it?  People post about stuff they want info about and then delete it to kill the history.  Quoting when you reply saves most of the content...

Edited by dang
  • Like 1