• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro turn signallight interchange between 1602, 1802 & 2002?

BarrettN

Knowing that part numbers get superseded and such, while I have dug through part numbers on realoem, it's not clear to me if euro turn signal light  between 1602,1802 & 2002 will interchange. I suspect that possibly someone here with more experience knows this right off the top of their head - anyone know?

Thanks,

Barrett

Edited by BarrettN

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

AFAIK, at least from an electrical standpoint Euro front turn signals--those that use a single filament bulb and provide only a turn signal function--are all the same.  Only US spec cars incorporate a parking light feature in the front turn signal housing (a small separate bulb on the flat-lensed units, and a two filament bulb on the "bulge" style lenses).  Euro cars had a parking light built into the headlight reflector.

On Euro units, the lenses themselves are different for the Italian market--half amber and half clear; for other countries, all amber.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

8 hours ago, mike said:

for the Italian market--half amber and half clear; for other countries, all amber.  

And it appears from the Parts Manual that the Italian version was the only unique version made for a country- see the oval with the "I" in it on the parts listing.  It is also interesting what countries have their own symbol for parts.

Turn Signals Front.png

Symbols for Countries in Parts Manual.png

Edited by halboyles

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

As part of the "sport paket", the Touring tii had its own special front blinkers. Same as the US type but with only the one Euro bulb.

Much more visible than the flat Euro ones, and (at least two years ago) considerably cheaper.

DSCN3188cr.thumb.JPG.928a79882935b0c65f1296294a54006a.JPG

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17