• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 2002tii Baikal

Stu

Price: $8000

Description:

Very cool '73 tii in rare Baikal for sale on E-bay.  Not mine, of course, just saw the ad this morning.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/bmw-2002-tii-1973/202838360391?hash=item2f3a1bc147:g:hcQAAOSwUeVd4nbW

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

45 minutes ago, Rich said:

I am trying to find it on ebay with no luck, anyone else find it ? I am close and would like to take a look

The link is in the original post above.

Here 'tis again,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/bmw-2002-tii-1973/202838360391?hash=item2f3a1bc147:g:hcQAAOSwUeVd4nbW

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

22 hours ago, NYNick said:

Engine looks like is was underwater for a year.

Hey, it’s a tii: you just scrape off the barnacles and fire it up! ?

(At $25K, I’d find the engine’s... um... patina, pretty objectionable, but at $8K, it’s still in the charming range! It will make for great “before and after” photos! ?)

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 11/30/2019 at 6:17 PM, Conserv said:

Wow. Nice!

Yeah!  14 cars younger than mine.  

That engine corrosion is familiar as I bought a tii MFI system just like it.  Turned out most of the aluminum parts had deep oxidation and the steel parts were extremely pitted.  Some beyond use.  But, again like Steve says...still in the charming range.

I attribute the oxidation/corrosion to the vehicle sitting outside in the weather for MANY years.  Under snowdrifts in the winter and baking in the heat of summer.   From the limited photos it appears the body didn't get too rusty though.  Good paint and maybe not driven frequently in the Winter.

Good project for somebody.

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

I am baffled as to why no one has placed a bid on this car, given an $8K starting bid. Yes, perhaps bidders are strategizing, waiting for the closing buzzer...

But there’s always someone — anxious and impatient — willing to jump in immediately!

Just look at that original interior. And check out the original diagnostic plug, with attached spark plug wire retainer, at the rear of the valve cover. Now that says “un-molested” to me!

Looking for a round taillight tii? Get your butt over to East Taunton and climb all over this thing!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

Hi Steve, I dont know if you have tried to go directly onto EBAY and find the listing, but when I go onto it I can not find the posting, I can only find it through the link originally posted here.  I have tried to contact the seller through the link so I can go see the car, I only live about 45 minuets but he has not responded, ugh, 

• Like 1

The seller did something wonky in his listing.  The listing will not show up in a regular search using "bmw 2002" in ebay automotive.  I somewhat accidentally found it by changing the category from automotive, to "all categories."  Then I found it.

So I suspect that alot of potential buyers who have not seen the post here on FAQ have not found this car.

Stu.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Hi Steve, I dont know if you have tried to go directly onto EBAY and find the listing, but when I go onto it I can not find the posting, I can only find it through the link originally posted here.  I have tried to contact the seller through the link so I can go see the car, I only live about 45 minuets but he has not responded, ugh, 

So only forum members know about this car? Hmm.... That may explain why there are no bids yet.

And either he’s not a motivated seller or he’s overwhelmed with queries.  Sorry to hear.

(I’m guessing East Taunton is too big to find the car by simply cruising... ?)

Good luck,

Steve

I was stalking this, as it's in my backyard. I swapped a message with the seller's wife who said "Hi Rob, there are no rust holes or body rot. The car has been jacked up and looked at, looks fine. It had been garaged for the past 25 years. My husband had it running about a year ago and then the starter went. The engine is definitely not seized. We do not have a title, but we do have an old registration. It was last registered in 2004. You are more than welcome to come look at the car. Also, all the paperwork we have." I tried to line up a time to go see it, but she wasn't quick on responding to my asking for a time slot, and then snow moved in. Then a bid came in, and I saw that there was a reserve on the auction. The odds of my snatching it for the eight grand opening bid, or near it, vanished. I thought about it carefully, realized that I barely had the money and had nowhere to put it over the winter, and let it go.

It just closed for $16,100, which was certainly more than I would've paid sight-unseen.

I hope whoever snagged it posts about it here, and that it turned out to be a diamond.

• Like 2

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Hey Rob - was stalking the same auction from CA and received the same message and details from the seller’s wife (who was great communicating through the week). I did request some more photos but they never came, apparently it snows in New England this time of year? default_smile.png

Agreed that the ultimate price was higher than I was willing to go sight unseen plus $1600 in shipping to LA, plus the CA title hassle, but this looks like a really nice car and hope it goes to a good home. 

It’s back to trolling the for sale ads and CL for me... really hoping to make the Targa CA in an 02 next year!