• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendation For A New Electric Fuel Pump Set Up

Captain Manly

If you are looking for a nice carter rotary and pressure regulator let me know. Not small but the choice for a lot of old school hot rod guys. I will send pics once I get back to my laptop.

I no longer need it after going to my Holley efi. Not looking for much money. I just want it to go to a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

I'm running Carter P4070 with reguator set at 2psi with 45's, It works fine but I wouldn't recommend it, I rubber mounted it in trunk and wrapped it with insulation and still noisy as hell, I'll be switching to holley in line pump as soon as I get the time

Pierce Manifolds offers two different electric fuel pump choices. 

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/wfp-502.htm

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/99009.131.htm

Mine is mounted under the car near the front of the fuel tank; pressure regulator and filter are mounted on the front bulkhead where a tii fuel filter would be located. 

58 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Does the blue book (or other) describe why the electric pump is needed? Application? Models? etc? -KB

No, but the drawings are from November 1967, with later changes to Rubber and Wiring dating 1968 and 1970

Uai and John, I neglected to reply with a thanks for the answer to my question. So... Thanks!

That factory bracket looks like it shouldn't be too hard to replicate with some heavy sheet metal ...and if one installed the pump on the opposite side of the bracket, it would be even more protected in the cavity between the wheel well and the rear quarter panel - the more exposed locations on the trunk side of the wheel arch always make me nervous about shifting cargo snagging a fuel line.

-Dave

Posted from my phone.

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

23 hours ago, uai said:

No, but the drawings are from November 1967, with later changes to Rubber and Wiring dating 1968 and 1970

The first 1600ti’s were manufactured in September 1967. Although most stock 1600ti’s and 2002ti’s appear to operate fine with the standard mechanical fuel pump, it’s hard to imagine any pressing need for an electrical fuel pump in November 1967 other than the 1600ti.... ?

The 1600ti/2002ti run ends in April 1971.

So, we don’t really know the genesis behind the electrical fuel pump, we’re guessing.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)