• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early ‘68 1600

Edgar L.

I recieved a call back about the 1600, no title.

Could not confirm any numbers matching or production year actually no knowledge of car from seller except it starts up.

Cool car to fix up, I some chrome trim and early stuff here and there.

For 11k... no thanks

1975 Fjord Anzito- SOLD

1967 Sahara 1600

On 12/27/2019 at 7:17 PM, 02Les said:

The Seller's first try had the sale price for $119 & one halfa$$ed picture. It actually looked good for that. Now he has it corrected to $11,900 with a few pics......not so good.

Yep: I’d be a big fan of this car at $119, but not even a little fan of it at $11,900... ?

Seller’s dating looks about right: smooth hub cover on a three-spoke steering wheel says 1968 model from October 1967 or later; outside rearview mirror set back from the door’s leading edge also says October 1967 or later. I can’t tell if that’s a chrome-trimmed dash with sections blacked out, or a fully-padded dash with sections “brightened up”. If it actually is a chrome-trimmed dash, then the car is certainly pre-January 1968 and probably pre-November 1967. The front seats with headrest support holes are January 1969 or later, so not original to this particular car.

I’d expect a VIN in the 1561xxx to 1562xxx range.

Probably a good buy at $1,190, if you want to “split” the seller’s decimal shift.... ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)