• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Turkis tii on eBay

fastricky

12 minutes ago, NYNick said:

I guess 'restoration' can (or even should, Ray?) mean a totally stock rebuild. 

It doesn't for me. It's just too broad a term.

My car was restored, but it's far from stock. What to I call that? A restomodded car? That's not even a word!

And if you put big brakes on a 'restored' car, how big a can of nomenclature worms does that open? Helllllooooo concours!

As far pigs and lipstick, that reminds me of beer goggles.? 

Well, I think definition #2 should fit.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/restore?s=t

and this car ain't it :)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

the seats remind me of my late great granny's couch you weren't allowed to sit on

Why do these flippers ALWAYS ignore the engine, bay and it's surroundings? The valve cover could have

been cleaned up..and the plenums clearly need plenty of love but that's not that hard either....

Pet Peeve> Black trunk panels!!!! Disgusting!!!! lol Reminds me of John Kirkegaard (hope I spelled that right in case someone is googling his name in a lawsuit) at SELECT CLASSICS..He's

all about black trunk panels

If these Turd Polishers want restored OE money they need to pay attention to OE details....

then again another clueless fat wallet' will come along any second..... love the crap outta of it and impulse buy it

ps calling it Pam Anderson....was born hot but now just skanky

Edited by iinca
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ray_ said:

You must be short.

Took me a minute. 

If 6' is short, yes.  Never had an issue with the sunroof and head clearance.  I admit I do recline a notch further back than some.  I just love the wind in my hair and the sun in my eyes.?

On topic: I can't see any cracks in the dash on my phone.  That's a plus. 

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

53 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Took me a minute. 

If 6' is short, yes.  Never had an issue with the sunroof and head clearance.  I admit I do recline a notch further back than some.  I just love the wind in my hair and the sun in my eyes.?

On topic: I can't see any cracks in the dash on my phone.  That's a plus. 

A non-slicktop has never followed me home. So I don't really know what I'm missing :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ray

1 hour ago, iinca said:

the seats remind me of my late great granny's couch you weren't allowed to sit on

Why do these flippers ALWAYS ignore the engine, bay and it's surroundings? The valve cover could have

been cleaned up..and the plenums clearly need plenty of love but that's not that hard either....

Pet Peeve> Black trunk panels!!!! Disgusting!!!! lol Reminds me of Jon Kirkegaard (hope I spelled that right in case someone is googling his name in a lawsuit) at SELECT CLASSICS..He's

all about black trunk panels

If these Turd Polishers want restored OE money they need to pay attention to OE details....

then again another clueless fat wallet' will come along any second..... love the crap outta of it and impulse buy it

ps calling it Pam Anderson....was born hot but now just skanky

Fixed it for you :)

• Like 1

Ray

Turd, turd polishers? Not everything needs to be a factory refurb perfection guys. You don’t like the seat trims, you don’t like the bezels on the dials, cracked dash, okay... this can all be fixed. You might be right to say that it should be priced lower to account for this. But a polished turd is a car that is rotted out or wrecked out of square with fresh paint slapped on. I don’t see any evidence presented here by anyone to justify ripping on it like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1989 BMW M3

1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

2017 Ford Focus RS

2 hours ago, magnus said:

Turd, turd polishers? Not everything needs to be a factory refurb perfection guys. You don’t like the seat trims, you don’t like the bezels on the dials, cracked dash, okay... this can all be fixed. You might be right to say that it should be priced lower to account for this. But a polished turd is a car that is rotted out or wrecked out of square with fresh paint slapped on. I don’t see any evidence presented here by anyone to justify ripping on it like this. 

This was my take too, looks like a worthy car if the price was lower. But need to see the underneath / chassis and hear more details about the condition of the engine (compression etc). The interior reapholstery isn't to my taste, but it looks like a quality job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1