• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Turkis tii on eBay

fastricky

After seeing bottom in Barneys photo, No Thanks, Looks like none of the rubber bits underneath have been replaced, Popcorn welding on spare tire well horrible. I think after digging into some more you would find more issues. 49k way too much

sorry to confuse, that’s my 25k turkis automatic underside...I’m sure the car for sale looks just as good, if this car had a few changes it might make 45...here’s the seats now...and With these wheels and I cleaned the engine bay, is it up to 45k now..

The is a great car in the making...all Choices have not been great to this point,  but there’s someone out there that this is the 50 K car for them and I wish him all luck in the world in selling it

F6191EB5-3B93-4FCE-B465-E2C96B359F70.jpeg

CB56F5BD-51D6-48E1-9538-E0A1A12F4013.jpeg

CCFBA7B7-5649-44C1-9EF0-E6C2CF5499E2.jpeg

• Like 3

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

On 12/31/2019 at 7:18 AM, resra said:

I like it. It's clear the seller didn't intend to go factory stock direction but so what? Looks cool and I don't see where it is a lipstick on anything. Let alone a pig! More like ...... Lipstick on Sophia Loren. 

I like it too, a lot. But I would never pay $49,000 for it. I would pay maybe half of that (with a $5000 penalty for the seats, trunk floorboards and panels since I could never abide what's been done to them).

Are my expectations too high?

I would of course have to see it, drive it, poke around on it before.

For 49 grand, I would expect a true "bare metal" restoration where the car was stripped,dipped, repaired and refinished to OE spec. That did not happen here and I would be interested to know exactly what kind of paint was used.

In fairness, the seller will accept offers

Edited by tech71
  • Like 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

As I am sitting here on this sunny west coast day ,  the first day of a new decade pondering the year I turn the big 7O i can't help my self by adding my 2 cents worth to the conversation.

I am of the camp that believes the devil is in the details and you do sweat the small stuff. The small shit matters, or it should if you take pride in your work. I do not consider  myself  an expert when it come to Tii's but some of the small stuff on this car speaks volumes for the stuff that maybe not visible or obvious to a well informed buyer, IMHO. 

Specifically I am referring to one of the pics that show the engine bay. If this classic has gone thru a "cometic restoration" why is the roller missing on at least one of the hood latches, why could you not mask off the window washers, better yet why not remove it all together before you blasted the car with that gorgeous  colour. You also may have wanted to remove some of the brackets and mounting screws while you were at it. Pretty sure they were plated not painted.....just saying'.

It is a nice looking car but the price it is fetching is an indication  the high bidder is not that knowledgeable or observant as to what is correct.   His money to spend as he chooses granted but these shortcomings are an indicator what is lurking underneath all the lip stick.

I am reminded a song title of a local band that had some success back in the 80's "A 3 dressed up as a 9". Not sure if the title is reflective of the condition but the spirit certainly is in my view.

I can only imagine the conversation this would generate if listed on BaT

ps @PaulTWintertonyou can keep your shorts on.....it stopped raining, you should be good with sandals too. Welcome home.

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gary32 said:

I agree.

Nice car why trash it?

if this seller gets 49.5k is it not better for all us 02 owners?

Happy New Year.

I dunno...

If we're selling, yes.

If we're buying, no.

If that SUV rear-ends us, yes...

:)

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I think the days where you got a PERFECT tii that needs nothing for under $50k are well over. Regardless of the money spent, you're going to have to sink in even more to get things *right*. Consider what others here have put into their cars (I know some well over $50k in repairs alone). I think if the price of this car was negotiated down a bit, and the engine and suspension / chassis check out you're looking at a fair deal. 2 cents!

• Like 5

On 1/1/2020 at 2:09 AM, iinca said:

OK...its a pretty Turkis tii. God damn right it is... A nice rare color for a tii. That's for sure BUT why not pay attention to details when your asking 50 grand!? When you paint the crap outta of a car but neglect other areas and ask top shelf money then that is by definition a "polished turd". Lets say it was priced at 25 then all bets are off and it's considered a great buy...but

If I'm paying 50 large for a tii I'd expect (on top of a bare metal paint job) an immaculate engine bay (like Barney spec'), undercarriage and trunk+ fully 'rebuilt mechanicals all to OE specs ( or very close to that). That's the rules lol..now get the f' off my lawn with this tartan plaid interior...

happi new year !!!!

The seat inserts are Houndstooth, not Tartan Plaid

• Like 1

Very hard to find a good Turks and this has a matching engine. Needs proper 2002 side grills and a trapezoid mirror. Thankfully the owner did not shave the DOT side  markers to make it look Euro and there are no unsightly non original accessory lamps up front.

Re-do the seat centers with Black/White houndstooth (or black vinyl basket weave) and this tii will look uncontroversial.

Not as good overall as a total package perhaps as the recent Ceylon on BaT that went to Monterrey but Turkis is to many an eye a real jaw dropper, a top shelf 1970s candy store color that melts the retina far better than Ceylon.

Those bolt on easy fixes listed above plus a set of FPS or properly date coded five inch tii wheels and an engine detail would make this a winner. IMHO

Has anyone had a look?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, golf73 said:

I could care less - I hope the dude gets what he's asking. Worry about your own cars, this is nothing new in the world of cars

How much less could you care?

:D

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:14 AM, ray_ said:

Sophia Loren with tattoos.

;-)

I don't quite agree with the "lipstick on a pig" moniker. The car may have good bones. 

Cheers,

Do you want to fight? 

Because I'll win, not that it proves anything. 

• Like 2

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards