• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Short BMW documentry from 1976

bmw_e30

Wow--23 minutes and not a single 2002 in the video...but by '76, they were passe, at least to BMW AG.

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

1 hour ago, mike said:

Wow--23 minutes and not a single 2002 in the video...but by '76, they were passe, at least to BMW AG.

ya but alex talks about the m10/m30 engines at around 6:00min mark explaining why he overbuilt them so much

and one of the executives is smoking a pipe the whole time which is awesome

and by 76 the e21 was out and the e30 was already partially being designed the 2002 was hot stuff in the mid 60's to early 70's along with the nk sedans but by the time this video was made it was all about the e9/e21 in terms of racing and marketing i assume

at least they mention they drive 2002's at the 17:30 to 18:30 :)

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

17 hours ago, mike said:

We had to wait until 2002 when BMW remembered they had a model with that name.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

This video was very interesting.  Thanks for posting it. 

I thought it was interesting that at about the 7:50 point, the speaker claimed that the 2002 Turbo was the first production car to have a turbocharger.  (The sound was a little unclear, so maybe I misunderstood.)  Anyway, that claim would be inaccurate since both the Corvair and the Oldsmobile F85 had a turbocharger option in production in their 1962 models. 

13 hours ago, Dick R said:

I thought it was interesting that at about the 7:50 point, the speaker claimed that the 2002 Turbo was the first production car to have a turbocharger.  (The sound was a little unclear, so maybe I misunderstood.)  Anyway, that claim would be inaccurate since both the Corvair and the Oldsmobile F85 had a turbocharger option in production in their 1962 models. 

The speaker may have meant to say: "The 2002 Turbo was the first production car to have a turbocharger [and fuel injection]."