• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running Corbeau GTS II Recliner Seats

SydneyTii

+1 for SRDs! I bought mine new 20 years ago and had the centers (previously tan “Monza Cloth”) upholstered with real suede 3 years ago. Phenomenal comfort and support but they do somewhat “overwhelm” the interior space from an aesthetic perspective...

E87968D2-EC44-48B5-AB4B-C325CA47DB7F.jpeg

DE0D87B2-3A07-4104-BD50-85ED3A8E2469.jpeg

9399519B-D18D-430E-B48E-432BCCAE5FB0.jpeg

D3B6864A-031E-4B3C-BE46-7CF88B874AE7.jpeg

10C9CC03-004C-4B6A-8BA1-A4994E105B46.jpeg

• Like 3

I am very badass!

Holy crap Coop!  That's a lot to take in.  Is that a brake proportioning valve?

You have more pictures of the car somewhere?  I think I need to see them...

• Thanks 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

The Thailand Recaro guy moved back to the states. He did have someone take over his business. Said person is very competent.

Facebook  "Recaroseatsforsale"  still could be a good source I hope. Plan on two,three months to get them though.

It is a slow boat. 

COOP, is that bat from Yankee Stadium?? I have one of those in my car too! Not necessary in Cali but it reminds me of home :)

Bob

Haha good eye! Actually, I got it at Fenway. Thankfully, I’ve only ever had to remove it from its spot for vacuuming lol.

Holy crap Coop!  That's a lot to take in.  Is that a brake proportioning valve?

You have more pictures of the car somewhere?  I think I need to see them...

Good eye on the brake proportioning valve! I’ll PM you some pics of the car, don’t want to hijack the seat thread! I only posted my seats ‘cause I saw the SRD reference.

Well that was fast, ordered them on the 4th.

First impressions:

Really firm.

Tan might have been closer to my interior.

Thats it for now, parking them in my living room while I finish up other stuff. 

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Like 4

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

So I played hooky from my scheduled tasks and test fitted the drivers side seat this morning. I also stuck an early style seat in the pass side for reference. Take a look.

The cars still up in the air but I climbed in and sat for a 1/2 hour. It feels ok, seems to have softened up a little but still pretty firm.

It feels like it might be a little higher than stock but that could just be me.

It would be possible to modify the Corbeau mount to lower the seat about an inch.

The sliders in the Corbeau mount work good.

The recline/tilt mechanism also works good.

All in all it fits in the car well, good side clearance, no problem accessing recline lever or Ebrake.

The color is not bad with my Gobi Tan, Not perfect but a fairly benign contrast. I think it will blend nicely with my chosen carpet. Esty has some nice color choices available.

I'm going to keep them.

Will order another Corbeau mount from Summit for the passenger seat. You could make one and use  stock rails but I prefer to just pay the $124 and plug & play. The nice smooth, new rails are definitely a plus.

$627.99  for the sport seats shipped from Summit (shipping was $9.99) GTS II is more

$248 for 2 D146 Corbeau mounts( free shipping from Summit).

Total out the gate: $875.99

IMG_1473.thumb.JPG.8871137c30034862bbf8e4923d17b501.JPGIMG_1472.thumb.JPG.e35de6c8d6bebc3d92e83a2dd87c7fe1.JPGIMG_1470.thumb.JPG.9be0bc3593ea9f5f566b11e9c5d2e2e8.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Like 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

The Recaro adapters from Massive (I know seems contradictory) do ride a little lower. If the 6 bolt pattern on the Corbeau's are the same as Recaro seats, that may lower the seat hight a bit. 

Glad you gave these a try. I have been asking about them for awhile. 

Cheers! 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.