• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘74 2002 Tii Amazonasgrun VIN 2782098

bluehills2002

Price: $100

Description:

NM/NA.   I did take a look at it, it appears it has been off the road for many moons. Likely original paint.  Based on some of the engine compartment stickers I suspect it spent some time in Maine (hence the pine needles).  I wonder if Les knows its history.    Great color, I hope someone can get it back on the road.  (Fender/steering column/block VIN match.)

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/fayville-bmw-2002-tii/7045884725.htm

image.thumb.jpeg.c27b5e657e6a3edff1200a2c9e4af42d.jpeg

• Like 1

All I have is that it was on Ebay in 2014 in Exeter, NH. Reportedly sold for $3200. It was a non-runner with rust then too.

Would be interesting to hear the comments if he does get BAT agree to have it on their auction site. 

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

That would make sense, Les.  It clearly has not been on the road since then. Interestingly, he had a ‘74 Tii  granatrot  in the same garage.  Much nicer, but not for sale, so I did not get the VIN on that. It appealed to me, because that’s the same color as my ‘74 base  shown below.

DA0CD063-DFAA-4C74-80DD-0467421F356D.jpeg

“I know what these cars go for” = “I know what this model of car sells for in excellent condition and I’m going price this in-op car as if it was in excellent condition!” ?

But, seriously, this appears to be a very complete and original example from what I see in the few poor photos. The rust situation, however — only hinted at in the photos — could make this a parts car, for any but the most ardent fans.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Steve is on the money. I would never badmouth someone else’s car, but I did crawl underneath it, and you would need some skills, like VWJake type skills, to make a go of it. The shock towers do not look bad.  But even if copywriting is not his forte, the seller is not a bad guy. I think he would be open to offers. 

A309A5FA-A002-4D51-B644-EFC2A51CE4E3.jpeg

• Like 1

Steve is on the money. I would never badmouth someone else’s car, but I did crawl underneath it, and you would need some skills, like VWJake type skills, to make a go of it. The shock towers do not look bad.  But even if copywriting is not his forte, the seller is not a bad guy. I think he would be open to offers. 

A309A5FA-A002-4D51-B644-EFC2A51CE4E3.jpeg

Actually better than I expected, based on all the surface rust in the engine compartment!

I really hope it finds the right buyer this time — one without a beautiful girlfriend... ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Maybe the worst ad I've ever read. This would have to be a hell of deal to get me to spend my money with this fella...but then again there is no way to know what kind of a deal it is because THERE IS NO PRICE!

I like that it's not just unhelpful, it's aggressively unhelpful. 

• Like 1

1989 BMW M3

1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R

2017 Ford Focus RS