• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Body Rubber Kits!

wegweiser

Price: $100

Description:

I've just updated our current pricing on all the bits to make your 02 waterproof!

new blog entry with rubber seal prices....from windshields to doors, to tag lights! All Genuine BMW!

https://www.maximillianblog.com/blog/2002-body-rubber-kits

E mail me if you have any questions! Tech / installation advice is always free, 24/7.  

fr seal.jpg

• Thanks 1

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Hi, I'm interested in the windshield and rear glass weather stripping.  What's the price for both please, shipped to 77546?

Thanks,

Jesse

Rear seal $130.00 (FAQ price)

chrome bead strip $56.38

Shipping: $12.48

Total: $198.86

E mail me directly if you have any questions, or if you'd like to get one on the way! classicbmwparts@gmail.com

Paul Wegweiser

Which part? Looks to me like they're the same... to the penny. And I've rounded the FAQ price down by $3 for the seal. 

Which item particularly do you see as being different in price? If I've made a mistake I want to know about it! :D

Paul Wegweiser

They're the same part number (fr and re chrome bead).... although the OLD part number I used to sell in the 1990s was different. (Just a factory supersession in the number)

Old number was 51 31 7 440 105 - and is even listed with a lower price... but when you order it from BMW it goes to the updated number and the current (more expensive) price.....believe me... I tried it! 

Paul Wegweiser

L=3500/CHROM  

vs

L=3575/CHROM

??

Definitely a typo in BMW's data. BMW's system uses only the part number... not the description, so they would be the same part pulled off a shelf. Generally about 1" longer than required, which is handy. This is where "click and order" websites fall short, and why I prefer to give my personal attention to my 2002 tribe. Even BMW's digital listing (and anyone else that doesn't rely on OLD analog PAPER reference material) of 2002 fuel tanks has some errors in it.... EXPENSIVE errors....ones that would deliver the incorrect $1000+ fuel tank to a potential customer. I've been doing this for 30 years and I rely on my paper notes and cheat-sheets from the 80s-90s to ensure folks get the CORRECT parts from someone that knows 'em, instead of some big box store. :) I love what I do...and I've been driving and repairing these non-stop for 35 years, so my knowledge comes with every 02 part I sell. 

Edited by wegweiser
  • Like 1

Paul Wegweiser

Part # 51 31 1 803 265 at 3575 is the filling rubber for the Touring front screen.

Part # 51 31 1 803 138 at 3250 is the filling rubber for the Touring rear door window.

However, a few years ago when I ordered the above, I got two for the front screen.

Perhaps, BMW just have the one part # at 3575 long knowing that it covers all '02 models.

edit: FYI the part was $27.44 in 2015!!!

Edited by 02Les
  • Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I remember when that filling strip was $11. Yes.. ELEVEN DOLLARS.  And I sold complete belt line trim kits (with clips) for $179.00. The times they are a changin'.

Paul Wegweiser