• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help - Locked my keys in the trunk!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

harry_pr.jpg

You might have limited access this way.

HTH,

Harry

P.S. Guess you had TOO much of a good time at Adam's CD release last night.

Guest Anonymous

This will only work on square tail lights, but it does require drilling holes in the tail lights (cringe).

If you were to drill *right* where the screws are held onto the tail light lens, you could pop off the lens. That's all the destruction that would be required, and since you can see where the screws have been glued in there anyway, it wouldn't look much different after some epoxy or something. Then the whole tail light assembly would come off and you could pop it open with a screwdriver, I think. That's the least destructive way I can think up.

Good luck!

Guest Anonymous

two plastic type nuts on the inner quarter panel, only the lens come off from the outside, small slotted screw. I would try a narrow slotted screwdriver Glen, work it gently and it may eventually pop the trunk open, best of luck,

Tim

'74 chamonix

Guest Anonymous

Take rear seat out, pull up the panel on the rear shelf and access through there... If you can't find any other way in and don't want to pay a locksmith to pick the lock for you, then make a hole in the shelf. I can't remember if there is already one there or not.

Guest Anonymous

I should have looked at that more carefully, it does require ripping up the black part. Scratch that idea. (Although, tail light assemblies might be cheap off ebay or something, I don't know - I have a couple of the black ones laying around, but no lenses)

Guest Anonymous

turn....you will break the trunk lock, however they are available....There is no other method that is possible...

You can cut through..you can't access through the gas filler hole(screwbolts on inside), the side turn indicators have plastic lock nuts(from the inside), and even if you did get that far....how are you going to grab your keys and pull them out through a 1 inch hole.

The lock assembly is by far the easiest and least headache method.

Let me know how it goes.

02Mike

Guest Anonymous

When the trunk opens, the lock just pushes against the latch to open it. When it is locked the lock just can't push back, right? I don't have a key for mine so I've never locked it.

If you could take the license plate and its holder off so you had a couple of holes right there under the lock, you could take a really stiff wire up through one of those holes and push the tab that causes the trunk to open. No destruction, but it might be tricky to get the license plate off w/o the trunk open - it depends on how your license plate holder is made. It can be done with mine.