• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW CCA O'Fest in Palm Springs?

joebarthlow

Let's be positive.  There's a 100% chance of sunny days.  There's 0% chance of rain!  I believe timing has to do with availability of lodging and location has to do with the eagerness of the BMW Performance Center West to provide high performance driving experiences to club members. 

Oktoberfest New Orleans 2017 was changed to late Oct-early Nov.  Have not heard that's feasible for 2020.

John

'74 Polaris 02

When my late '73 was just a few years old I moved to Scottsdale, AZ and lived there for 7 years without AC in my 2002.  The Scottsdale dealer opinion was that if the car's cooling system is in great shape the stock system worked fine, even in 110-degree heat.  I'm sure my 40-years-younger personal AC (sweat...) worked better then but September heat will not keep me away.  Besides planning main travel and cruising for morning, evening or night hours, I could simply open a window and drive fast.

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

On 2/11/2020 at 7:57 PM, Slavs said:

La Quinta is just above Indian Wells, about 20 milesout from Palm Springs proper. It feels about 100 degrees at 3:00AM during that part of the year. They should do it in Santa Barbara, a much better location, especially for classic cars.

this is true

santa barbra is always sunny and 70 degrees year around and is the american riveria with much more glamor than hot ass palm springs

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series