• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 for sale

Mike A

Another POS from Select Classics. Inflated and embellished listing. Guaranteed to be a turd. The shop mechanics are butchers, just look at the condition of the shop in  one of the photos. No photos of the engine, pedal box , firewall. Typical. Buyers beware. Personal experience talking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-BMW-2002-European/143528684342?hash=item216af9eb36:g:E0oAAOSws11eQHdg

Edited by Mike A
  • Like 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Yeah but their attention to detail is outstanding like the broken gas pedal, worn out shift linkage, no lower steering wheel pad and and missing strut cap, just a breath taking ground up restoration. ?

Edited by Son of Marty
  • Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

The photo of the engine bay speaks volumes for the workmanship.

Should there not be a screw or two holding the fender on????

1631076898_B37451zc.thumb.jpg.683041745cfde6abf36d5b505f577df7.jpg

Geez!  How in the hell does that possibly work?

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

4 hours ago, Mike A said:

Another POS from Select Classics. Inflated and embellished listing. Guaranteed to be a turd. The shop mechanics are butchers, just look at the condition of the shop in  one of the photos. No photos of the engine, pedal box , firewall. Typical. Buyers beware. Personal experience talking.

That's messy can you please share your personal experience.

7 minutes ago, gary32 said:

That's messy can you please share your personal experience.

Do a board search first for Select Classics, it's all there.

~Jason

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Don't quite understand the VIN:  99889...Huh?  seems to be missing some digits...and from the description with all the changes that have been made, it sounds like a 2002 shell and motor with late 20th/early 21st century accessories (HVAC, seats, etc).  

I'm sure it will appeal to some folks, just not me (and a few other purists)

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite