• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Italian '72 Tii on Bring a Trailer

gearheadgreg

From reading this forum, I started to feel like I had a good idea regarding values of these cars, based on year, model and condition.  But this BAT auction surprised me, as I was thinking "maybe in the $50k range"   What do I know?  Obviously, for a bidder with deep pockets and a keen desire for a car, money is no object.   

• Like 2

just look at the 356 porsche to see what is going on , I have been restoring german cars a loong time, 2002s since 1971 you look at the production numbers, thats what smart buyers look at, the comments I made on this car are accurate, maybe not liked but accurate, like my restorations, the numbers 70.000 euro tii s us 1972 tii made  1600 ish bmw did not break out the numbers, we here are determining that on a tii id number thread   here on faq  very fun reading, conserve is a big help,    to show the value  a friend just sold a speedster id tag for 30k ,just the tag    If you own a tii thats good if you don't  start looking , the turbo has brought the whole line up in value, just look at a 510 datsun its in 2002 tii territory and i have owned both  It makes me smile knowning the 2002 is getting its due

2 hours ago, m-tuner said:

just look at the 356 porsche to see what is going on , I have been restoring german cars a loong time, 2002s since 1971 you look at the production numbers, thats what smart buyers look at, the comments I made on this car are accurate, maybe not liked but accurate, like my restorations, the numbers 70.000 euro tii s us 1972 tii made  1600 ish bmw did not break out the numbers, we here are determining that on a tii id number thread   here on faq  very fun reading, conserve is a big help,    to show the value  a friend just sold a speedster id tag for 30k ,just the tag    If you own a tii thats good if you don't  start looking , the turbo has brought the whole line up in value, just look at a 510 datsun its in 2002 tii territory and i have owned both  It makes me smile knowning the 2002 is getting its due

Not understanding your numbers here...……..FYI

Euro LHD tii built (calendar year)

1971     7293

1972     8726

1973     4095          total 20,114

US tii built (calendar year)

1971       422

1972     2797

1973     1302         total 4521

Edited by 02Les
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

40 minutes ago, 02Les said:

Not understanding your numbers here...……..FYI

Euro LHD tii built (calendar year)

1971     7293

1972     8726

1973     4095          total 20,114

US tii built (calendar year)

1971       422

1972     2797

1973     1302         total 4521

Thanks for doing this, Les!

Plus... a few square taillight tii’s (e.g., 2,927 U.S models from October 1973 to December 1974).

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

total number of us tii 7,449 of which square tail light are  about 4,000  that leaves 3,449 ish round tail light  tii s over about 3 years,  we are trying to determine the number though the vin numbers,  so those are are the numbers from  page #116 of BMW s 02 series  the cult car , if you were  at the port counting them  i got it, these cars were imported by Max hoffmann  so any thing could be , he was known for not the truth,  they are damn rare   here and a lot of them got crushed or  wrecked  how many have you owned?  and  you number of euro tii is 27,574  page #114  BMW reference   Bruce Mtuner

2 hours ago, m-tuner said:

total number of us tii 7,449 of which square tail light are  about 4,000  that leaves 3,449 ish round tail light  tii s over about 3 years,  we are trying to determine the number though the vin numbers,  so those are are the numbers from  page #116 of BMW s 02 series  the cult car , if you were  at the port counting them  i got it, these cars were imported by Max hoffmann  so any thing could be , he was known for not the truth,  they are damn rare   here and a lot of them got crushed or  wrecked  how many have you owned?  and  you number of euro tii is 27,574  page #114  BMW reference   Bruce Mtuner

Your orig post above mentioned 70.000 (hence my not understanding)  & 1972 tii, so I thought you were referring to round light tiis.

You are most correct with your totals (add 7460 Euro tii squares & 2928 US tii squares) AND not to forget a grand total of 3680 RHD tiis.

Also noted in "The BMW 2002" book published 1996.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I am restoring a very rare tii 1972 with a e-12 engine, ya i know they did  not make them, yes they did,  we figure about 300, in the last week or so of 1972 production,  BMW is not the most accurate with production numbers , I  owned a  non headrest 2002, longneck rear end, it was a bitch getting parts, they said it did exist, it does, a 1968 , they sold about 300 of them, in1969, just because you read it in a book does not mean it is so,   I have the orange parts books and the micro fiesh for 2002, and even they are not always correct, so the numbers ? the real truth is no one knows  not me not you, no body , the people that built these great cars are now gone, and I am here to pass them on to the next generation,  50 years my life has been BMW, 7 dealerships, a blue suling pass, that means I know a little about them  Bruce Mtuner