• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

opinions of Agave

esty

i have a nice rust free 73 that i bought about 10 yrs ago...the only body damage to the car ever is, it had a crunched nose when i bought it and which i have now...it is agave/saddle but not my favorite exterior agave.thumb.jpg.7ba64a6d079d9f5b3cc948fa4dc1247c.jpgcolor

i'm going to restore this car cosmetically, it has a good solid drive train and sell it...thoughts on a color change vs. resell?

I love tan interiors.  There's not much classier than British Racing Green paint, tan interior and tan soft top.  I'd leave the paint original.  Agave w/ Saddle is cool.

IMHO, as a personal touch you could add a third color, gold.  Just as part of the wheels...like the basketweave portion of BBS or EXIM wheels.  Not the flat gold paint, but metal flake bright gold.  Green and gold work well together and turn heads. 

Not great internet photo grab.  Maybe there are tastier PC wheels that you could add gold to.

967731627_TempPic.jpg.499a6236fe6ed22ead3ea60c9e424305.jpg

As a driver, with the aftermarket wheels and a wood steering wheel, the green becomes only a part of the overall appearance of the owner's personalized touch. Green, gold, saddle, wood...what's not to like.

Keep the OE wheels, covers and original steering wheel for the next owner, should they chose to mount them.

Again, IMHO.  I'm curious which way you go with this as you do have a reputation of creating uniquely beautiful and stylish cars.  

Edited by PaulTWinterton
  • Like 3

73 Inka Tii #2762958

that car begs to stay original 

• Like 4

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

The most appealing sales model to the widest audience is original.

Your original car with Agave/saddle and some freshening will be very attractive.

Edited by gary32
sorry, sometimes I say the dumbest things
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, mac said:

I've a friend who sold his original '71 Agave/caramel w/107K mile two years ago.  He regrets it. 

Want to talk about selling yours? 

Mac, 

Mac, hopefully we can bring her back to full bloom this summer then it will be for sale...i'm not and never have been a price gouger...greed destroys the fun but with current values it only makes sense to spend some money on the car to make it shine again

and...i thoroughly enjoy turning a frog into a prince...if you know what i mean

• Like 2

+ 6 or 7 on Agave--one of my two or three favorite '02 colors--I passed up a slightly rusty one about 25 years ago for $800 lurking on a sketchy used car lot (although it basically needed just a good cleaning--no structural rust) and although I had two other '02s at the time, still kinda regret not buying it.  

Along with Malaga--2002s just look really good in dark colors (then see the colors of my two...)

mike

• Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I'll buck the trend- I don't really care for Agave (and I really don't like Malaga, even though my car is suppose to be Malaga.)

But if you're going to sell it, I'd agree with everyone and say leave it stock.

(I do have a really pretty, brand new Sparco wood steering wheel, NIB, still with the protective film if you think about a wood wheel...)

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

If you are planning to sell the car.  I would keep it stock.  This would reach the largest audience of people looking to buy a 2002.  The car will appeal to the people who will only buy stock examples and anyone who likes a modded 2002's will have a blank slate to start their mods.

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

Keep it stock; for me Agave is tied with Malaga for best color, followed closely by Nevada.  I absolutely hate Golf and Inca, I've owned both, they are too juvenile and scream boy racer whereas Agave is sedate and sublime.  Looking forward to your progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1973 Golf Totaled in 1979

1971 Chamonix Sold

1972 Tii Verona Sold

1973 Inka Sold

1971 Malaga Totaled in 1984

1973 Agave Sold

1973 Agave auto Sold

2000 R1150 GS current