• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

opinions of Agave

esty

On 3/7/2020 at 3:13 PM, PaulTWinterton said:

I love tan interiors.  There's not much classier than British Racing Green paint, tan interior and tan soft top.  I'd leave the paint original.  Agave w/ Saddle is cool.

IMHO, as a personal touch you could add a third color, gold.  Just as part of the wheels...like the basketweave portion of BBS or EXIM wheels.  Not the flat gold paint, but metal flake bright gold.  Green and gold work well together and turn heads. 

Not great internet photo grab.  Maybe there are tastier PC wheels that you could add gold to.

As a driver, with the aftermarket wheels and a wood steering wheel, the green becomes only a part of the overall appearance of the owner's personalized touch. Green, gold, saddle, wood...what's not to like.

Keep the OE wheels, covers and original steering wheel for the next owner, should they chose to mount them.

Again, IMHO.  I'm curious which way you go with this as you do have a reputation of creating uniquely beautiful and stylish cars.  

I own a faded Amazon (Corrected from my thoughts it was Agave) 74. it had a saddle/tan interior (currently out), has gold wheels and a wood steering wheel. I love BOTH amazon and agave (LOL) and will never paint it another color. 

Edited by bianchini
  • Like 1

And I once opined that Agave wasn’t one of my three favorite ‘02 colors. Big mistake! The comments burned right through my best flame suit... ?

Leave it Agave... please! ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I love tobacco brown interior with agave. Great color combo. 

Assuming it's the original color, then I would definitely leave it, for resell purposes.

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

Agave IS one of my top 3 colors (along with Verona and Florida). It's also one  of the classic colors. A real Euro color. Only weirdos and ediot klowns don't like Agave.

A bucket list car for me would be a roundie Agave tii (which I have not seen too many of)

*someday I'll strip and paint my tii. It will become one of my favorite 3 (not it's original Malaga..)

Edited by iinca
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, iinca said:

It is kind of elegant...on a 2002. I don't hate it and i'll probably have to live with it for awhile.

At least until I can find the time and $ to do a real bare metal repaint

I definitely fall into the afore mentioned category of 'boy racer' colors- which I have realized, are very similar to M&M colors...  And am currently exploring the racer color of satin (flat) black.  :)

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

34 minutes ago, irdave said:

I definitely fall into the afore mentioned category of 'boy racer' colors- which I have realized, are very similar to M&M colors...  And am currently exploring the racer color of satin (flat) black.  :)

Won’t that be even hotter on the track? I’m looking forward to realizing my dream of a Chamonix car with Motorsport striping. 

• Like 1

I personally think Agave is a bit dark on these smallish cars, and prefer the lighter Jade and Mint greens instead, but that said this car looks in good enough shape that preserving the originality probably makes sense, especially if you plan to sell it.  Were you planning to keep it, then I'd say paint it whatever color IS your favorite! ;D

2 hours ago, VWJake said:

Won’t that be even hotter on the track? I’m looking forward to realizing my dream of a Chamonix car with Motorsport striping. 

Yeah, sure.  My car is a little, special?  Especially on the outside.  Not in a conventional 'good way.'  It's 3 or 4 different colors on the outside, most of it different shades of primer.  Honestly, between you and me, it keeps most people from walking up to me and telling me about it.  The people that come up to me now, with it looking like this, are typically much more interesting to talk with.  And since we're being honest, I tend to have difficulties with the population in general, so it's easier for me this way.

I really like the white with motorsport stripes.

• Haha 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Gotta be careful around me. I can talk for hours on end about cars. ? It’s pretty obvious to me (and most others I’m sure) that your car is “hardcore”. Just by looking at the outside I’d never guess it’s an E30 though... ?

• Like 2