• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN 1679371?

vilsecker

21 hours ago, vilsecker said:

New here, so be gentle ?   Did anyone ever own a Granada Red '71 2002 with the VIN 1679371?   If you did, let me know.  Thanks

Where and when did you last see it? If you saw it a year ago, it probably survives. If you last saw it in 1978, don’t get your hopes up... ?

‘02Les might have data on it if it’s been publicly on the market in recent memory.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I mis-understood: I thought you were looking for a long-lost friend. ?

BMW Group Archives (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com) will provide the specific manufacturing date and confirmation of factory exterior color if you email them the VIN and request their data on the car.  No charge.

Meanwhile, the VIN decoder offered by the BMW 2002 Club of Columbia can provide more generalized info on the car (photo below).

You should inspect every inch of the car for bumper stickers, window stickers, service stickers (door jambs), service plaques (radiators especially) that provide clues to the car’s past life. More than a few owners have found old receipts, or other evidence, under seats, and under the dash (especially just forward of the glove compartment). If the car has original manuals — particularly the Owner’s handbook and service manual — you’ll generally find the original owner’s name and address in there. Pull up both trunk boards: there might be something under there — besides rust! ?

Regards,

Steve

6029AE20-AC4F-4008-987A-230456244F11.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

9 hours ago, vilsecker said:

Thanks all. @ Jim G.,  I have the car now and was curious to get a bit more of its history.

How about sharing some pics of your new arrival for the class..

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Thanks for the nice replies and tips.  I don't have many pics yet, as it's just recently off the truck.  I have attached a few picture for now.  The color was is a windows out repaint (from original) in BMW Fire Orange, which looks pretty nice.  The car is numbers matching but of course wasn't a restore to roll-of-the-factory floor.  It's a nice restore to make it a car to enjoy.  I'll add more info and for sure post questions later.  I was just trying to see if anyone else might have owned this car in the past (prior to restore), since the history is somewhat limited.

Edited by vilsecker
  • Like 7

I was thinking the same thing, the refinished AC Schnitzer's type 1's with W.Germany stamp that came with the car look nice, but that's okay.  Just joining this board, I understand that there are some people that immediately start giving "wonderful"  non-helpful comments.  Go team!

44 minutes ago, vilsecker said:

I was thinking the same thing, the refinished AC Schnitzer's type 1's with W.Germany stamp that came with the car look nice, but that's okay.  Just joining this board, I understand that there are some people that immediately start giving "wonderful"  non-helpful comments.  Go team!

Remember, we are here to spend your money. It’s just one of the services we provide... ?

Regards,

Steve

9 hours ago, Conserv said:

Remember, we are here to spend your money. It’s just one of the services we provide... ?

Regards,

Steve

this man speaks the truth

those ac rims belong on a e30 2002's deserve 13's

• Like 1

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

On 3/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, vilsecker said:

New here, so be gentle ?   Did anyone ever own a Granada Red '71 2002 with the VIN 1679371?   If you did, let me know.  Thanks

Can't be 100%, but I believe your car was owned by faq board member hankeester.

He ebayed the car Dec '19 but no VIN was noted (hence can't be 100%). If it is, it was a real quick turnaround by the MI shop.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/252157-1971-bmw-2002/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-1378810

Maybe send him a message.

Edited by 02Les
added link

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17