• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ronal Kleeblatts 13x6

1 hour ago, jmr_1602 said:

... Im currently running 13x7's up front and they clear my Volvo calipers no problem. Not sure if that translates to the narrower sizes.

IMG_4504.JPG

Between Jim’s (a.) 5.5” fits over tii calipers and Jason’s (b.) 7” fits over Volvo calipers, it sounds fairly promising that a 6” might accommodate a Volvo caliper.

No?

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, GirtAllerton said:

Jason, The car looks fantastic. Did you do the body work?

All was just offered a set 14x5.5 ET 37. Have spacers in front already. How well would these fit rears? And thanks to all for input and measurement offers.

Girt

Oooh: that sounds pretty good, Girt!

Maybe 8-10mm spacers (and longer wheel studs) all around?  I’m guessing: others here have probably actually run 14x5.5, ET37, and can provide the truth... ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

17 minutes ago, GirtAllerton said:

Steve, Yes hopefully someone has the answer but thinking the ET is too far off. Those are pretty big spacers. May just need Jason's flares.... And some paint.....

Thx G

Yeah, the 13x7’s look pretty darned awesome... ?

Best regards,

Steve

I have a set of 13x6 Ronal Kleeblatt wheels.  They are model number KBA 40020 13x6 H2 ET 28 (dated 1976) which is a perfect offset for a 2002.  I ran them with 185/70 R13 tires without any issues.  I bought them from Daniel and Jan and I think they ran them with 205/60's on their car.  Can't answer your question about whether they will fit with bigger brakes.  I had them on a stock tii with the stock tii brakes.  The only thing I dislike about these wheels is that they use the shank style lug nuts.

Wheel1.JPG

Wheel2.JPG

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 3

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

2 hours ago, GirtAllerton said:

Jason, The car looks fantastic. Did you do the body work?

All was just offered a set 14x5.5 ET 37. Have spacers in front already. How well would these fit rears? And thanks to all for input and measurement offers.

Girt

Girt,

Yessir. I did all the bodywork myself. This 1600 was my first time taking on such a project. It’s not perfect but I’ve loved this car for 12 years and never get tired of looking/driving it. 

I recently bought a Hobart 140 mig  welder and am going to attempt to resurrect a ‘67 1600 (Polaris.) Luckily it is pretty solid. Trunk, floorboards, shock towers have very little rust. I have to replace rockers though, but Im confident that I’m up to the task. 

Jason 

• Like 2

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

4 hours ago, uai said:

I have 3 (only 3) 6x13 i could take some dimensions if needed

Uai,  Some measurements would be fantastic if you have some time it would be appreciated.

Backspacing, inside diameter and true rim width would be a great starting point.

Are yours the same as JohnS above? Model number KBA 40020 13x6 H2 ET 28

It appears they may have been produced with a few different offsets/et.

Thanks, Girt

Jason, Outstanding work and very cool to boot.

JohnS, are you currently running them or are they just taking up space in your wallet that I can help you with??

V/R

Girt

Edited by GirtAllerton
additional info

6 hours ago, JohnS said:

I have a set of 13x6 Ronal Kleeblatt wheels.  They are model number KBA 40020 13x6 H2 ET 28 (dated 1976) which is a perfect offset for a 2002.  I ran them with 185/70 R13 tires without any issues.  I bought them from Daniel and Jan and I think they ran them with 205/60's on their car.  Can't answer your question about whether they will fit with bigger brakes.  I had them on a stock tii with the stock tii brakes.  The only thing I dislike about these wheels is that they use the shank style lug nuts.

John, those are perfect offset for the 02, I had no idea they made them in that offset. My wheels appear to be model number KBA 40080 13 x 5 1/2 E19 (Dated "76").  I also have a couple of wheels which are dated "73". The date mark is inside the wheel vs. on the face like the "76" wheels. The cast is slightly different in that all the edges are really sharp. The Ronal logo is larger, and the offset is not specified on the face of the wheel. When I clean the wheel, I'll probably find it on the inside. It also appears to be E19. Did you  you paint them with rattle cans like I did ? It works well, if you take your time. I also applied a coat of clear. And it held up for 20 years.

1 hour ago, Slavs said:

John, those are perfect offset for the 02, I had no idea they made them in that offset. My wheels appear to be model number KBA 40080 13 x 5 1/2 E19 (Dated "76").  I also have a couple of wheels which are dated "73". The date mark is inside the wheel vs. on the face like the "76" wheels. The cast is slightly different in that all the edges are really sharp. The Ronal logo is larger, and the offset is not specified on the face of the wheel. When I clean the wheel, I'll probably find it on the inside. It also appears to be E19. Did you  you paint them with rattle cans like I did ? It works well, if you take your time. I also applied a coat of clear. And it held up for 20 years.

There must have been some legislation (German, presumably) that began to require offset be disclosed beginning in 1975-76. Before that time, rims more often had no offset cast or stamped into the rim. Likewise, KBA registration numbers are fairly rare before 1975-76.

My set of Kleeblatts (technically, Ronal R2), one dated February 1972 and three dated March 1972, are model number 3554.03(1). Although the de-coding of that model number is not entirely clear to me, and not borne out by JohnS’s set, I read somewhere, at sometime — okay, not my best footnote here — that (a.) the first digit indicates the second digit of the nominal rim diameter, (b.) the second and third digits indicate the nominal rim width, (c.) I don’t really know what the fourth digit represents, unless it’s the number of lugs, and (d.) the numbers after the period are a code for the PCD. Thus, my 3554.03(1) rims are nominally 13” in diameter and 5.5” in width, and, since my rims have a PCD of 4 x 100, and they were advertised for BMW’s and Opel’s, I conclude that “031” = 4 x 100.

Three of my four rims have “20” stamped into the rear. One has “21”. I have speculated that these stamped numbers could be actual offset — very close to my as-measured ET19 — but I’d still like to believe that a set of rims matched by model number are also matched by offset! But my measured offsets tend to be plus-or-minus 1mm, so an actual offset of 20mm or 21mm seems feasible, if inconsistent.

Yes, my set does require restoration. I’ll get there!

Best regards,

Steve

D0FAA747-2F90-412F-8543-178F08305625.jpeg

8247A407-3F02-452F-B68B-F3436AA3D7E0.jpeg

83796977-30C9-47FB-A77A-8CBF58F45ADA.jpeg

Edited by Conserv