• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ronal Kleeblatts 13x6

15 hours ago, Slavs said:

John, those are perfect offset for the 02, I had no idea they made them in that offset....

+1

The fact that there was a 6 x 13”, ET28, version now makes me suspect that there might have conceivably been a version of the 5.5 rims closer to ET28 than ET19. But for the 1972 dates on my set of 5.5 x 13, ET19, I’d suspect the ET19 version was targeted at the e21 — but, of course, the e21 wasn’t introduced until spring 1975 (Euro version only). ?

6 x 13”, ET28, is truly awesome for us non-fender-lip-rolling, non-fender-pulling types... ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 3/16/2020 at 10:43 AM, GirtAllerton said:

JohnS, are you currently running them or are they just taking up space in your wallet that I can help you with??

The only reason the wheels aren't on my car right now is because I need to refinish them again.  When I bought the wheels, I had them bead blasted and then hit them with metal etching primer and 1Z brand silver wheel paint.  Then I clear coated them using Wurth brand clear coat.  The clear coat prematurely yellowed after about a year and they look like crap now.  It really pissed me off.  I won't use that clear coat ever again.

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

On 3/16/2020 at 5:15 PM, Slavs said:

John, those are perfect offset for the 02, I had no idea they made them in that offset. My wheels appear to be model number KBA 40080 13 x 5 1/2 E19 (Dated "76").  I also have a couple of wheels which are dated "73". The date mark is inside the wheel vs. on the face like the "76" wheels. The cast is slightly different in that all the edges are really sharp. The Ronal logo is larger, and the offset is not specified on the face of the wheel. When I clean the wheel, I'll probably find it on the inside. It also appears to be E19. Did you  you paint them with rattle cans like I did ? It works well, if you take your time. I also applied a coat of clear. And it held up for 20 years.

What clear coat did you use?

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

JohnS absolutely understood. Very jealous even with the problems but the fact those rims exist is great.... Will begin the seach. Do you think that you might just have them powder coated next time and be done with it? Another choice I've found with bare aluminium is a product called shark hide that is used on pontoon boats. Have to apply every year or two but works great. Use it on my bead blasted valve cover and looks great 2 years out even with engine temps. 

20190323_200956.jpg

Edited by GirtAllerton
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JohnS said:

What clear coat did you use?

John, I used Krylon Dull Aluminum Paint and Krylon Clear Coat. I figured I would use the same brand for both, paint & clear since they are compatible. Krylon is economical and a fairly inexpensive paint. But, it is decent quality. Just wet sand the wheels, rinse and dry prior to painting.

• Like 2

Good old Krylon dull aluminum and Krylon Crystal clear.  I've used the same combo on a set of 2002 steel wheels and they have held up great for years.  I think it was Mike Self who recommended that paint many years ago on the FAQ.  Thanks,

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️