• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decals for cold start relay?

fjord-tii

6 hours ago, gambitpaul said:

What's the recommendation for cleaning and polishing the box? 

That is a challenge - I don't believe the original patina on the box was highly polished/shiny. 0000 steel wool would clean it quickly but I don't want a mirror in the engine bay.

But perhaps the aluminum would dull on it's own after it is cleaned. Not sure.

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

3 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

That is a challenge - I don't believe the original patina on the box was highly polished/shiny. 0000 steel wool would clean it quickly but I don't want a mirror in the engine bay.

But perhaps the aluminum would dull on it's own after it is cleaned. Not sure.

Jason

+1

Agreed. It was not particularly shiny, which is why I plan to have it re-plated in clear zinc (silver tonality) and then allow it to age naturally, as did the originals.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 5/11/2020 at 3:42 PM, Einspritz said:

I will take 2.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, gambitpaul said:

@mo02

I would like one.

Thanks

2 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

I’ll want at least one of these, @mo02. Thanks. -KB

2 hours ago, bluedevils said:

I could use two of these decals...

Thank you all for presenting interest.  I am sending in the file tomorrow and should be ready to ship around 5/22. 

In the meantime anyone who wants to pre-pay can PM me (this helps me during shipping as I can send them all at once & is appreciated)

I will also be updating this thread with pictures of actual decal, instructions, and any other relevant information as it comes up.

Thanks all for posting.

-Mo 

• Like 1

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

An update for those who have pre-paid.  I have sent in the file today and the decals should arrive by the end of next week. 

Those who are interested in pre-ordering now is a good time to contact me and anyone else can tune in here for updates.

I will not be posting much until the decals arrive except to answer questions (or via PM) and I will be putting an instruction guide together to make installation as easy as possible.

Feel free to post or PM me and I will get back to you.

Thanks again,

Mo 

5 hours ago, mo02 said:

An update for those who have pre-paid.  I have sent in the file today and the decals should arrive by the end of next week. 

Those who are interested in pre-ordering now is a good time to contact me and anyone else can tune in here for updates.

I will not be posting much until the decals arrive except to answer questions (or via PM) and I will be putting an instruction guide together to make installation as easy as possible.

Feel free to post or PM me and I will get back to you.

Thanks again,

Mo 

Hi,

I looked in the thread - can you provide the price?

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Hi Jason,

Price is $20/set + $2 shipping or $22 total.  Multiple orders only pay shipping once so:

$42 for (2) decals

$62 for (3) decals

$82 for (4) decals 

etc.....

I will send buyers payment confirmation along with estimated shipping date.  My PayPal link:  https://www.paypal.me/mofaraz

Thanks again for your interest and feel free to ask questions.

-Mo 

• Like 1

I’d be interested in a couple of these Mo! What else do you have available? Any silver fish scale emissions and VIN stickers?

• Like 1

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

21 minutes ago, tjones02 said:

I’d be interested in a couple of these Mo! What else do you have available? Any silver fish scale emissions and VIN stickers?

Thanks Tom,

I am happy to say these will be arriving earlier than expected so pictures and information forthcoming.  Regarding emissions stickers -- I will have to take a close look to see if making them is possible.  

Of course it is great to connect with owners who enjoy getting the details restored correctly so thanks for your contact -- Will be in touch.

-Mo