• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch those 123 clips!

5 hours ago, 7502 said:

Made some plug wire straps together using pipe hanger covered in two layers of old inner tubes. Not convinced it will handle the heat though. This is a trial run, might have to order some pre made ones.

DSC00073.JPG

Beautiful. It will work for a long time. If the coil wire has plenty of slack (looks likely), the wires won't be your problem.

Jerry

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

21 hours ago, 7502 said:

Made some plug wire straps together using pipe hanger covered in two layers of old inner tubes. Not convinced it will handle the heat though. This is a trial run, might have to order some pre made ones.

DSC00073.JPG

Now you need an E30 exhaust gasket to keep some of the heat off the wires.

I have actually made something to bolt to the top of the manifold instead, because I figured 

it was easier than taking the manifold off...

...which turned out to be true, on that engine.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

9 hours ago, TobyB said:

Now you need an E30 exhaust gasket to keep some of the heat off the wires.

Maybe I'll try some of those fiberglass boots for the time being, what's the worst that can happen?

BTW- Chirped the tires pretty good and made it through the intersection this afternoon. 

Edited by 7502
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...