• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show off your 2002 before and after pics

Bibm5

Before and after photos taken 11 months apart. The last engine one (with DCOEs) is after this week's experimentation in my laboratory. Trying to do my part to use up all that excess gasoline.

IMG_9197.JPG

IMG_9198.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG

engine before.JPG

good engine.JPG

IMG_9853.JPG

shiftknob.JPG

w inlet.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Took everything apart in 1998. Thought I was being clever by labeling all the wires with masking tape and ball-point pen.

Slow forward to 2017...19 years later (yes... life, work, family, etc. can put projects on "hold") found all masking tape labels on the garage floor and the ink markings faded. 1st picture is when I decided to start the re-assembly project.

Before Engine Bay.jpg

Finished in time for the 2017 event at Brisbane and the Hillsborough Concours.

After Engine Bay.jpg

• Like 6

A rear-ended '74 I ironed several years ago:

CIMG1335-neutr.JPG

CIMG1334.JPG

CIMG1448.JPG

CIMG1453.JPG

CIMG1454.JPG

Before the crash the passenger side already had a repair sheet welded loveless over the wheel arch, the driver side didn't. This was then eliminated by replacing the entire rear panel. I will never, never, never understand why it hit the correct side.

hen

• Like 1

I bought my '72 from the PO in April of 2010. It had been sitting on his property for 12+ years, covered in moss and starting to rust. I took a chance that it would eventually start and hauled it back to Portland. the car looked decent after a wash though it had a big dent in the passenger door, profound rust along the roof panel in front of the sunroof, and various mechanical issues. After squirting some diesel into the cylinders and hand cranking the engine, all it took was a new battery, a set of points, condenser, new fuel lines and fuel and she fired right up and purred like a kitten. I later added new front rotors and brakes, had a donor roof from a non sunroof car welded in place, and a full Malaga respray.

0 72 bmw front.JPG

1 before roof transplant 1.JPG

2 sunroof wide.JPG

3 after roof transplant 1.JPG

4 Sportstars with caps.jpeg

5 with Sportstars w.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

'72 Malaga 23Mar1972

'72 Malaga 11Jul1972
'09 Impreza
'11 Specialized hybrid