• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage BMWs at a Local BMW Dealership

2002#3

5 minutes ago, adawil2002 said:

That & $5 will get you an ice cream.

I thought it was your turn to  buy!

:D

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

11 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

The dealer badge reads, "Keeler Motor Car, Albany, NY".  Looks like Keeler is still around.

That's the dealer where I bought my new 72 (inka) off the show room floor….definitely not as popular as it is now

Edited by Mike A
  • Like 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

I went to this dealer to have the VIN on my 2002 verified (the required "inspection" for registration of out-of-state vehicles in Ohio).  The person doing the verification said a BMW could not have a six-digit VIN.  I asked that they go check upstairs.... 

jb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MEMBER EDITORIAL

OK, I am going to send this thread on a real tangent...  I started it, so I can.

If we examine (and perhaps forbid) slicktop, we must also examine roundie and squaretail.  I offer unbiased comments and observations for consideration.

--  slicktop:  Maybe it IS valid today and OK to be used by us ROFs*.  Hmmm...slicktop does not sound new to me.  I probably used the word in my high school days ('66-'70):  "Hey, cats, check my rad whitewalls** and Brylcreem-induced slicktop."  Really, doesn't slicktop just feel like the '50's and early '60's?  Cool.

--  roundie:  Maybe we should forbid roundie b/c it resembles millennial-invented words such as "selfie"***, "hoodie"***, etc.

--  squaretail:  It's not really square -  maybe more of a leaning/bastardized rectangle with curved corners.  Therefore, conventional wisdom dictates our using rectanglie to be more woke and in-line with roundie.

I'm just sayin'...

Larry

PS:  Ray, will I be persona non grata in your de novo (and potentially fine and dramatically needed) organization?

* retired old farts

** barber-shaved area around the ears (Remember the straight razor and the warm lather out of that mysterious machine?  Dang, that felt good!)

*** AAAGGGHHH!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2002#3 said:

MEMBER EDITORIAL

OK, I am going to send this thread on a real tangent...  I started it, so I can.

If we examine (and perhaps forbid) slicktop, we must also examine roundie and squaretail.  I offer unbiased comments and observations for consideration....

--

PS:  Ray, will I be persona non grata in your de novo (and potentially fine and dramatically needed) organization?

Partial criteria for membership is having at least one current "old peoples" prescription medication.

Ray

1 minute ago, ray_ said:

Partial criteria for membership is having at least one current "old peoples" prescription medication.

Well, I guess I cannot be a member. 

I don't even have any aspirin in the house.

I do promise not to say roundie, especially after stating the year. 

I won't say dizzie either.

There's still room in my little club. :) 

Tom

6 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Well, I guess I cannot be a member. 

I don't even have any aspirin in the house.

I do promise not to say roundie, especially after stating the year. 

I won't say dizzie either.

There's still room in my little club. :) 

Tom

What do you do for pain?

Ray

6 hours ago, ray_ said:

I thought it was your turn to  buy!

Yes it is. ?

• Haha 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

11 hours ago, Mike A said:

That's the dealer where I bought my new 72 (inka) off the show room floor….definitely not as popular as it is now

The second owner of my Z4 bought the car at Keeler in 2006 when it came off lease.  I’ve never been there but apparently they’ve been in business for a long time if they were selling 02’s new.  

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

On 4/22/2020 at 6:30 PM, adawil2002 said:

Nice looking BMWs with terrible wheel choices except for the CS Coupe.

Hey now don’t be hating on the bottle caps, many of us were riding on them back in the 2000’s when e30’s were rapidly appearing at the scrapyard making these wheels a cheap, plentiful and decent looking upgrade for 02’s!

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

... many of us were riding on them back in the 2000’s when e30’s were rapidly appearing at the scrapyard making these wheels a cheap, plentiful and decent looking upgrade for 02’s!

But, Jeremy, how and when did a mint, reportedly-21,000 mile, car acquire them? For instance, did the owner say “The original XAS’s have timed out before they wore out. Gotta replace them. And these mint original rims and chrome wheel covers are so out-of-place on this mint original car! What it really needs are some modern alloy rims, in a non-stock size, that I can get for free!” ??

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

5 hours ago, Conserv said:

But, Jeremy, how and when did a mint, reportedly-21,000 mile, car acquire them? For instance, did the owner say “The original XAS’s have timed out before they wore out. Gotta replace them. And these mint original rims and chrome wheel covers are so out-of-place on this mint original car! What it really needs are some modern alloy rims, in a non-stock size, that I can get for free!” ??

Best regards,

Steve

You and I both know that car probably has 221k miles on the clock and the original XAS’s went to the scrap bin decades ago!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

1 hour ago, 2002#3 said:

VINs for those who have asked:

image.png

I see very few dated examples in the Registry near this VIN. I’d guess VIN 2590631 was manufactured in May or June 1973, so it’s a late 1973 model.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)