• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NT

I had a 320/6 for a while when I was in the UK. Maybe not as tossable as an '02, but so smooth. The 323 is a step up again.

If you'd had the 320/6 over here instead of the 320/4, maybe there would be more E21s on the road & less '02s.?

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I have always been amazed at the huge leap that BMW made from the '02 with the interior of the E21.  The 2002 is adequate but very basic, not many frills.  The E21 with the sorta wrap around driver focused dash and huge dials, overall finish and feel is incredible.  The exterior is nice too, but I think the E21 marked the beginning for BMW modern interiors.

• Like 1

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

31 minutes ago, tashakes said:

I have always been amazed at the huge leap that BMW made from the '02 with the interior of the E21.  The 2002 is adequate but very basic, not many frills.  The E21 with the sorta wrap around driver focused dash and huge dials, overall finish and feel is incredible.  The exterior is nice too, but I think the E21 marked the beginning for BMW modern interiors.

The progenitor of things to come. If only CA would lift the smog rules for cars older than 1975, e21's would become much more interesting.  Good thing is this car is upgraded with an e30 motor and is CARB approved for smog testing etc... But you still can't get crazy with engine mods. I suppose it all won't matter in another 30 years as cars will be banned from cities and gas will cost $25 a gallon cause everything will be electric and thus no resources will be making fossil fuels for internal combustion machines.  I hope I'm wrong but I'll likely be dead in 30 years.  

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

On 5/3/2020 at 12:56 PM, tashakes said:

Absolutely! My favorite BMW dash, followed by E30...

• Like 1

Yeah. I saw it and I don't get it.  The whole story is there, and even though some of the bits aren't in the car, the motor is available for the new owner to have the option to do whatever they want with it.  And there is real documentation that it was a tuned car at one point in history.  Me, I am the biggest un-purist around, so i would keep the M20 and enjoy the crap out of it. 

It's like if my '02 was once owned by Jenna Jameson (I can dream).  Is it original? Pffft, don't make me laugh.  She would have never sat on the replacement Recaros or have touched the replacement Mountney steering wheel. Would I boast that it was celebrity owned? Youbetcharass!  GLWA. 

• Haha 1

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg