• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did all 02's come with a radio back in the day?

Jinho

I had a choice between a $200 option for a radio + antenna ...... or make a $200 car payment ...... I opted for the car payment.

It didn't take but 5 minutes to realize I actually didn't want a radio, because now I had that huge storage area for all the stuff that wouldn't fit into the glovebox.

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jimk said:

The car was not purchased thru a local dealer, but from a mail order outfit called Eurocars and the catalog title is Special European Car Programs for Students, Teachers, Faculty Members.  (My wife was a teacher).  Cars could be leased, purchased or short term rented.  Hoffman got a cut though. Eurocars sold about anything made in Europe.

My first wife and I leased a Citroen from Eurocars for eight weeks while she was completing her dissertation research in France and Italy. As far as I could comprehend the French documents, the lease was structured as a purchase of the car with an agreed-upon buy-back price eight weeks later. I was a kid and found the purchase aspect a bit scary. The car was brand new and we had to take the car in for a 1,000 kilometer initial inspection and a first regular service at 5,000 kilometers. After eight weeks, I wanted to take the car home with me!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

11 hours ago, jimk said:

The car was not purchased thru a local dealer, but from a mail order outfit called Eurocars and the catalog title is Special European Car Programs for Students, Teachers, Faculty Members. 

I still have one of their brochures--they also did sales for military who were stationed over there.  I was 10 days from my port call date for a 3 year tour to Weisbaden GE with the Air Force--and a brand new '69 2002 that was gonna get everything Alpina that I could cram on or in it.  Then my orders were changed.  to Vietnam.  So Wolfgang never made his return trip to the land of his birth, nor received any Alpina enhancements.  But he's still in my garage...

mike

Edited by mike
  • Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

19 hours ago, jimk said:

I've had 02ers ask at the MidAmFest ask what those straps were for.

My ‘72 “project” has those tiny grounding straps at several places under the hood, Jim. I think it was you that enlightened me as to what they were. When/if I sell that car, I plan to keep those as a novelty.

I purchased these for the 2000CS. The shortwave was so cool, I couldn’t resist. 

E3C6C0CA-DB4C-4AD4-B1C7-54CD26FA5D31.jpeg

Ed

• Like 2

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

9 minutes ago, zinz said:

My ‘72 “project” has those tiny grounding straps at several places under the hood, Jim. I think it was you that enlightened me as to what they were. When/if I sell that car, I plan to keep those as a novelty.

I purchased these for the 2000CS. The shortwave was so cool, I couldn’t resist. 

E3C6C0CA-DB4C-4AD4-B1C7-54CD26FA5D31.jpeg

Ed

Beautiful, Ed!

Let us know what you hear on the shortwave add-on! ??

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)