• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bar's Leaks Blown Head Gasket Repair saved my motor!

ray_

1 hour ago, tech71 said:

Ohhh, you crack the egg in there right? Should you whip it up first or just drop it in?

You just drop the egg in if i remember correctly,  add coarse black pepper for extra seasoning. It sounds crazy but my dad nursed a noticeable coolant leak for over a year by adding an egg every couple months.

I dunno-

ugly lookin' pizza can still taste pretty good.

But I'll pass on the radiator egg souffle, thanks...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I prefer "rustic" to "ugly". I lack proper pizza tools (stone, peel, slide) and I'm spending all my $$$$ on my car so "rustic" it is for now. 

Comments from household members about "funny looking" pizza have pretty much dried up, they are too busy scarfin it down to complain.

• Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

2 minutes ago, 02Les said:

Looks more like a Yorkshire Pudding.

Don't you have some bangers and mash to make? :D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

6 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Don't you have some bangers and mash to make? :D

Too many left-overs, so it was bubble & squeak day?

• Haha 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Oops,  I was supposed to put the egg in the radiator, not the filling....

27026.jpeg

• Like 2

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Looks like we've taken a politico-culinary turn, but I've seen the stuff work a few times.

Most amazingly:  Very early last season on of my racing acquaintances either had a cracked head or a failed head gasket in his  Datsun 510..anyway it was bad..steamy exhaust overheating..open radiator acting like Old un-Faithfull with random big eruptions.  So he was packing it up at the end of day one:(     Blah blah blah   Half an hour later in went the magic metallic milkshake and It ran perfect the rest of the weekend and for the rest of the season.  Of course there is no heater core in the car but there were also  no winter comments from his engine builder about any strange residue or damage and and the radiator must have been fine because it will be getting used again next weekend.

Now I keep a bottle of it with me. 

• Like 3

Michael Deilke

Whidbey Island, Washington

206-714-3379

4 hours ago, Deilke53 said:

Looks like we've taken a politico-culinary turn, but I've seen the stuff work a few times.

Welcome to all my thread, apparently :D

4 hours ago, Deilke53 said:

Most amazingly:  Very early last season on of my racing acquaintances either had a cracked head or a failed head gasket in his  Datsun 510..anyway it was bad..steamy exhaust overheating..open radiator acting like Old un-Faithfull with random big eruptions.  So he was packing it up at the end of day one:(     Blah blah blah   Half an hour later in went the magic metallic milkshake and It ran perfect the rest of the weekend and for the rest of the season.  Of course there is no heater core in the car but there were also  no winter comments from his engine builder about any strange residue or damage and and the radiator must have been fine because it will be getting used again next weekend.

Now I keep a bottle of it with me. 

I'm still waiting for someone with firsthand experience to chime in with pics of their clogged heater core.  (crickets)

I'm sure this stuff is not panacea for (all) motors that that are a complete mess, as shown in some reviews. But is sure is looking like it works more often that not.

And I'll just leave this here :D

IMG_20200517_121030062.jpg

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Wait Ray, those big boys cant be real time? Seriously? 

I might consider using the stuff on a leaking heater core to buy some time.

IMG_1741.JPG

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris