• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bar's Leaks Blown Head Gasket Repair saved my motor!

ray_

So Ray, there's at least 3 different flavors of this magic goo with big price diffs. Which one did you use?

My latest attempt, I call it:  " I'm not goin to the store" Taco

IMG_1743.JPG

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

I'd eat that.

I got the 'spensive one, just like in the subject line. But Advance Auto had a $10 coupon and there was a $10 rebate.

Saw it for cheap online somewhere after too.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, ray_ said:

My fairly fresh M10 consumed a HG about a year ago, which I replaced. And all was well for a few months. Then the past initial symptoms of notable coolant loss and missing on cold starts (and then warm starts) reappeared.

The observations from pulling the head were that the gasket was broached between 3 and 4. Now that the symptoms had reappeared I'm assuming that things are not completely flat around there. 

Yes, the head was torqued properly by the builder, and probably by me as well.

After adding the magic goo and running the motor per instructions, the past 5 days of multiple drives and starts has shown no misfires at all and no coolant loss. (There has never been any coolant intrusion to the crankcase.)

Best 30 dollars I ever spent this week!

:D

(Checks the calendar. Nope, not April anymore)

FFS.