• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paging Les to see if you can reunite this long lost tii book

resra

I only have that it was on Ebay in 2008 in Los Angeles.

Maybe, if the licence plate is still valid/in use, some enterprising '02er may hunt down the current Owner. 3LPD773

2761533 1d.jpg

2761533 1b.jpg

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 minutes ago, 02Les said:

I only have that it was on Ebay in 2008 in Los Angeles.

Maybe, if the licence plate is still valid/in use, some enterprising '02er may hunt down the current Owner. 3LPD773

2761533 1d.jpg

2761533 1b.jpg

The Seller was Empower BMW (now Empower Group, Inc), Burbank, CA. Somehow doubt their records go that far back to find the auction winner, but you never know.

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

you Cali folks should cozy up to a CHIPs officer and tell him the story. They can find who the owner of that car was  in a heartbeat, maybe even track down the present owner  if still in Cali

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

7 hours ago, Steve Tochi said:

That's mighty cool of you Resra.  This is a long shot, and reading upside down, but the name on the service manual is "R. Mitchum", with a Sunset Blvd address.  I believe Robert Mitchum was a car guy so just maybe.....

I googled the Sunset Blvd. address and Robert Mitchum, and got this match sort of.  This internet thing is amazing.

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 9:29 PM, Steve Tochi said:

I googled the Sunset Blvd. address and Robert Mitchum, and got this match sort of.  This internet thing is amazing.

Capture.PNG

+1

I, too, found a relationship, Steve T.

Indeed, the actor, Robert Charles Mitchum (1917-1997), had a 9229 West Sunset Boulevard address in 1975.

Very cool!

Best regards,

Steve C.

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I don’t know enough about California vehicle registration to understand why the 2008 license tags are different from the original tags — I’m guessing they change with each owner, as in many states — but the Owner’s handbook provides the original California registration date, July 25, 1972, and (presumably, blue plate) license number, 284GYY.

I traced my ‘73’s California history via its VIN (there’s CA DMV form for this). It didn’t provide much new data, but it did show the name of the prior California owner, which I already knew because he was the seller. I’m simply saying that the car might be traceable by its VIN and/or license numbers.

Regards,

Steve

2DE541FB-524D-409F-B879-16725BDEF987.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)