• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 02 Touring (NM/NA)

majdomo

Given the obvious rust issues, and a square taillight nosepiece, square taillight instrument cluster, and a one-piece dash on a round taillight car, the $18.5K might be ambitious: it depends on whether the visible rust is all the rust (not likely), or simply the tip of the iceberg.

I also smell a possible color change here...

An email with the VIN to BMW Group Archives (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com) can quickly and easily confirm the factory color.

Don’t get me wrong, this car has a lot going for it: it appears to be very complete.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

This one was for sale in Austin, TX, 2017 & 2018. Seller wanted $18k to start and the last I saw was $10k. It has its fair share of rust.

$18,500 is, as Steve said, ambitious.

Also for sale/auction currently is a '73 Touring 2000 owned by Terry Sayther (also Austin, TX)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-2002-touring-4/

He had it for sale for $40k, also, IMHO, way ambitious, but, as we know, there are some deep pocketed Buyers that lurk on BAT. It also has a "late" nose.

I am wondering what my refurbished RHD '74 Touring would go for...…..perhaps I'll know more in a few days.

For those interested in Tourings...…….can anyone explain this Glas 1304 CL Touring from 1969?

Glas-Touring-1304-01.jpg

Glas-Touring-1304-02-551x1024.jpg

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Les - cool ad. Never heard of a 1304 but what do I know?? :) I think $10Kish for the touring here would be more fair, would make dumping another $XXK into making it right more palatable. BUT when done, would be a pretty sweet ride.

Just checked out that BaT auction, now they've got Satch Carlson shilling for it, bet it does go for $40K lol.

5 minutes ago, majdomo said:

Les - cool ad. Never heard of a 1304 but what do I know?? :) I think $10Kish for the touring here would be more fair, would make dumping another $XXK into making it right more palatable. BUT when done, would be a pretty sweet ride.

Just checked out that BaT auction, now they've got Satch Carlson shilling for it, bet it does go for $40K lol.

Terry has a few friends and that's putting it mildly. You would think Mr. Carlson would know the Touring is typ E6 and not that E10.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17