• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share Your old Pics !

Milo

On 6/21/2024 at 10:38 PM, DieselOx said:

This was my wife's dad's car, in L.A.

Wonder what those wheels are...I've not seen any quite like 'em, and I know they're not stock--CS coupes only came with steel wheels and full wheel covers.

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2024 at 12:15 PM, Mike Self said:

Wonder what those wheels are...I've not seen any quite like 'em, and I know they're not stock--CS coupes only came with steel wheels and full wheel covers.

mike

Mike,

An option on early 1600-2’s (mid-1967) was an aluminum trim ring with four long slots, connected by a black-painted trough around its perimeter, providing the appearance of substantial slots although achieved largely by paint. Visually, by trick of the eye, this created the appearance of larger slots between the center hub and the barrel of the steel rims. I’m betting the NK’s may have come with a 14” version of the same design.

The trim rings fitted to the standard steel rims and hub caps. My ‘67 came to me with a set of 3, which I quickly replaced with full wheel covers from a 1972! 🙄

Briefly discussed here:

Photo below from @BarrettN.

Best regards,

Steve

IMG_1451.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 7/2/2024 at 10:30 PM, Conserv said:

An option on early 1600-2’s (mid-1967) was an aluminum trim ring with four long slots, connected by a black-painted trough around its perimeter, providing the appearance of substantial slots although achieved largely by paint. Visually, by trick of the eye, this created the appearance of larger slots between the center hub and the barrel of the steel rims. I’m betting the NK’s may have come with a 14” version of the same design.

Steve, the wheels pictured on this CS coupe are definitely not dog dish hubcaps with the enlongated slot trim rings; take a closer look:

image.thumb.png.20dca3b652d0ce91dfabf6912ac7aa41.png

Those wheels have a very small center cap and exposed lug nuts, and appear to be aluminum or a similar alloy.  Also, the 8 slots around the perimeter are actual holes,not slots in a trim ring.  They're nice and period and look much better on a CS coupe than the standard steel wheels with hubcaps and trim rings.  

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Posted (edited)

Me and the “fleet” circa 1991 when I still lived in LA.  The ZX and the 1600-2 belonged to my roommate.  I figure that the ‘74 02, sold and then driven to New York, what didn’t rust away, lives on as bits and pieces in other east coast 02’s.  The 320is probably also only exists now as a set of Recaros, a 5-speed, and LSD in some other 02’s.  The ZX and the Vanagon are probably long since crushed.  The guy who bought the 1600-2 planned to turn it into a track car.  I wonder if it still exists??

20190722_150241330_iOS.jpeg

Edited by BMW 1600-2
  • Like 3

Current: '75 verona 2002Tii Lux “Lecco”

Retired: '67 chamonix 1600-2, '69 tundra 2002ti-ed, '74 chamonix 2002, '75 anthracite 2002

==> Contact me if you need a tii or turbo CSV harness - I make a really accurate repro <==

On 7/4/2024 at 1:50 AM, Mike Self said:

Steve, the wheels pictured on this CS coupe are definitely not dog dish hubcaps with the enlongated slot trim rings; take a closer look:

image.thumb.png.20dca3b652d0ce91dfabf6912ac7aa41.png

Those wheels have a very small center cap and exposed lug nuts, and appear to be aluminum or a similar alloy.  Also, the 8 slots around the perimeter are actual holes,not slots in a trim ring.  They're nice and period and look much better on a CS coupe than the standard steel wheels with hubcaps and trim rings.  

mike

100% agreed, Mike! And I can’t identify them either.

The rims to which I thought you were referring are those on Mike’s 1800, in the post immediately preceding yours (duplicated below). Sorry for the mix up.

Best regards,

Steve

IMG_1520.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 6/24/2024 at 10:15 AM, Mike Self said:

mike

Mike —  I think those wheels are classic Cragar Mach 8s. The vintage is right. 8 portholes plus the cut-circle around the lug holes narrows it a bit. Here's a pic of a 14x7 which is what I believe is on the coupe…

image.thumb.jpeg.f03b834581995ecc4b495f575d2e85d0.jpeg

• Like 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2024 at 9:15 AM, Mike Self said:

mike

They look similar to the ones I've seen on Sunbeam Tigers. 

WWW.CLASSICDRIVER.COM

To Be OFFERED AT AUCTION WITHOUT RESERVE at RM Sothebys' The Elkhart Collection event, 23 - 24 October 2020. Beautiful overall condition and presentation 260 cu. in. Ford V-8 and four-speed manual transmission Features L.A. Tiger aluminum bolt-on mag wheels Accompanied...

WWW.MYHOTCARS.COM

1964 Sunbeam Tiger - Correct Numbers Matching California Car.    Numbers Matching 260 CID. Engine.     4 Speed Manual Transmission.   Original Chrome AC Air Cleaner.   Holley 4BBL Carburetor.   Edelbrock Performer Aluminum Intake Manifold.   Original Sunbeam Chrome...

• Like 3

1971 Riviera 2002 ("Kate")

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First pic is 1982. Engine replacement. 2nd pic is the next 2002- maybe 1984 after first 2002 was totaled in accident. Had to sell the second one for down payment for first house purchase. 

image.thumb.jpeg.100027ff50b038216ea9c003c9640a25.jpeg

IMG_6575.jpeg

• Like 4