• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chevy Vega Wheels

Milo

47 minutes ago, jgerock said:

While we are piling on the nostalgia/will it fit wheel trip....

You can “reverse” a set of early VW Beetle wheels for the “wide track” look by removing the hub cap clips.

Obtaining a set of wheel adaptors can make a set of cheap Chevy steel wheels fit on an air cooled Beetle. 

Both of the above statements were tried on off road VW’s, but safety did take a back seat at the time.

I think getting into the front seat of a Beetle was always putting safety into the very small back seat.....

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

4 hours ago, Autostrada said:

I've attached a pick of an 02 with a wide Vega wheel. I don't know if the wheel was modified as I don't know anything about this car.

I'd be really leery of doing this, particularly when there are so many wheels with the proper bolt spacing available inexpensively...1.5 mm can be a Big Thing when it's what makes the wheel spin properly--think of a bicycle wheel with bent spokes.

But so long as we're doing Vega stories, here in the rust belt they didn't last too long...two friends with Vegas back in the mid-70s:

• Going over railroad tracks his hatch glass shattered due to the body shell's torsional twisting
  • Sitting in the parking lot at work, my other friend's windshield fell out of its frame and broke over the steering wheel.  The flange that held the windshield had completely rusted away.  Fortunately it didn't happen at speed on the Interstate...

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 5/22/2020 at 8:36 AM, '76mintgrün'02 said:

That is a confusing ad in your link.  Are the wheels $25 each, or $150 each?  (not that I am interested either way)

I HAVE A TWO(2) SETS OF OPEL GT1900 RIMS/WHEELS

13" RIMS/WHEELS

RARE ORIGINAL RIMS @ $25 EACH

MOVING MUST SELL

CALLS ONLY

CALL ALEX AT: show contact info

CASH ONLY $600 EACH SET

Morover, GT wheels are the wrong offset; the ones with the right offset are from a Kadette. I ran those for along time

20180325_La_Carretera_Dan_Dealy_787_RT.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, arminyack said:

Morover, GT wheels are the wrong offset; the ones with the right offset are from a Kadette. I ran those for along time

20180325_La_Carretera_Dan_Dealy_787_RT.jpg

Great photo! Close enough to round-hole Borranis. Love it.

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!