• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which floor mat?

mvliotta

Hello FAQers,

Hope everyone is doing well.  

I am thinking about finally getting real floor mats. 

‘72 tii with black interior, salt and pepper carpet. Current exterior in Polaris (or close to it), but will be repainting to the original Ceylon in the Not-to-distant future. 

More interested in making sure it will be right for the long term Ceylon exterior than the current Polaris. 

Been checking out Coco mats site, but nothing is jumping out at me. 

Suggestions for Coco mat color or other options??

Vince

Edited by mvliotta
  • Like 1

'72 2002tii 'Liesl'

Cocomats.com.  Have spoken with them at The Vintage and been by their shop.  They have lots to choose from and told me when my car is finally ready to bring it by and they would measure it for the correct fit. 

• Thanks 1

I am not a big fan of Coco. Too "busy" for my eyes. I wanted something dark blue for my blue interior and working with esty, finally came up with a solution. 

I purchased the exact sisal  rug I wanted for the interior. Had it shipped directly to esty. Lo and behold, a couple weeks later the perfect, for me, carpets arrived. A buddy who has Coco in his tii and coupe approved.

Problem solved.

Steve

• Thanks 2

I ended up not replacing my mats a few years ago, but check out Esty's BMW Carpets.  She has quite a few custom salt and pepper mats for that OEM and period correct look.

• Thanks 1

76 2002 Chamonix

06 530i Monaco Blue

18 i3 BEV Protonic Blue

87 528e Royalblau (Retired)

Don't forget esty, Vince

Had Fred on a 70 mile jaunt up and back on the Taconic this morning. Other than the two NYS Trooper speed traps with 4 cops on the north side alone, it was great to be out and about in the 02! Did not get pulled over.

• Like 3

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

Got Esty mats a year or so ago to cover the Esty carpet. Some type of woven grassy material. ( Not hemp. I know what you're thinking! Maybe not a bad idea though) Look good. Not as flashy as Coco. Fits great and good price. Great Esty quality. The Coco colors can be cool though if that's your style.

• Thanks 1

These are available again; OE BMW Cocoa mats.  They come in Black and white, Brown and also in Black and blue speckled which is the one I got for my Polaris car.  It goes great with the underlying salt and pepper carpet.   They are beautiful and have the BMW logo on the rubber part.  Atlanta BMW classic has them and so does Bulnttech.

BluntTech Industries • SET OF FLOOR MATS.webloc

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.12.53 PM.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ssp2019 said:

These are available again; OE BMW Cocoa mats.

This is new to me...great to hear. 

Lots of great options. Will go with either the black/gray mats from cocomats or the OE BMW mats referenced above. 

Does not look like there are any rubber mat options out there at the moment. 

'72 2002tii 'Liesl'

+1 for Esty.

I had an original BMW Cocoa mat set in my Touring. The front driver side one was a mess, even though I regularly beat the #$%& out of it to get the dirt/dust out.

This time around I went with Esty mats same pattern as the carpet (also Esty). Much, much better.

DSCN1397sm.JPG

DSCN2963crsm.JPG

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17