• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Console Sides Templates??

borgpj

Does anyone have templates for the long console side panels (non A/C)? Or can Behr A/C side panels be modified to work as part of a rebuilt non-A/C console?  They seem to be molded for the wider A/C center console, but maybe could be drawn in to fit a narrower standard console center??

I can help you out.  PM your address. 
I recently made new panels - be aware that there is well over 1” of draw back that needs to be made to screw in the back cross member.  It appears that the originals were scored and the panels were stapled to give them more strength.  I put some cuts in my new ones so the wood wouldn’t split when pulling the back ends together. 

F1C25E1E-1592-4037-B21C-B08F315498A2.jpeg

7C928D7E-F686-4101-9DA1-01DE08DD33C1.jpeg

97758D8A-056F-49B6-8AB4-23E9DEFAF715.jpeg

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

One other thing, AC was not an option on the 2002s so BMW only made 1 kind of console for that year.  I don’t know if Dealer installed AC used different consoles. 

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

4 hours ago, Buckeye said:

Maybe @SydneyTii could help you out. See first post on page 392

I don’t have a template, I just laid the old ones  on the new board and drew around them. I can certainly do that on a piece of paper and send it to you, might take a while to get to you I’m in Australia !

Edited by SydneyTii

I believe the long console panels for AC will fit for a console without A/C.  The small "bump" in the panels at the bottom is only .75" high.  The issue might be the panel height, since the side panels on the narrower console are at a different angle, it might be slightly tall.

This Q comes up fairly often, and I have some old Behr A/C console side panels, so I decided to take a pic.  Then I decided to do a few measurements.  Then I decided to combine the pic & measurements.  Lol.  To the computer, and a short bit later -- Ta-Da...a template of sorts. :P

Hope the attached PDF helps!  It's Full Size on a 22x17 sheet.

Tom-too

Console Side Panel.jpg

Console Side Panel PDF-pic.jpg

Console Side Panel.pdf

Edited by visionaut
better PDF...
  • Like 5

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

3 hours ago, tomphot said:

this is the non ac panel

Thx Tom - looks like they just took a neat scoop out of the rear lower tail on the non-ac console for the A/C hw clearance.

For the curious, the final Behr A/C console side panel PDF template above isn’t just a trace off the photo. It’s been corrected for parallax, a non-infinite focal length, and scaled dimensionally to fit my actual panel measurements, and rendered at 1:1 scale. The measurements shown were verified across left and right panels.

Fun short little project to dust off the ol’ drafting skills - hope it’s useful!

• Thanks 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com