• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very sad day

Stuart

This is a FANTASTIC day.... Liverpool Football Club have won the Premier League!  4 Trophy's this campaign!  UEFA Super cup, Champions of the World, European Champions and now Champions of England!  You'll Never Walk Alone!   

For those of us who support each other through this forum... You'll Never Drive Alone!  YNDA!!!!

• Like 3

Chamonix 2002tii 2782507 July 23rd, 1974

Granada 2002 1664158 November 28th, 1968

Malaga 2002 4223965  March 11th, 1974 - Sold

You'll Never Drive Alone!  #YNDA

2 hours ago, steve oneill said:

Mike, you own one of  the two Porsches worth owning(and I am not going to add IMHO hate that phrase) The Boxster and the 456. But what is your 76 Estoriblau 2740318? The #s look similar to my 2392325 VIN but I don't recognize what appears to be a color.

Steve

Steve

I hate it too Thanks for the compliment. its a ‘76 and I repainted it’s original Malaga with Estorilblau that 1st came out on the 96 M3  I almost went fiord but wanted something completely different. I love my Boxster Spyder but it teaches you nothing. The 2002 is training for driving cars like the Spyder and 456.  You can also include sketchy handling early 911’s. Those cars will make a driver out of you. 

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

1 hour ago, Carlos_M said:

This is a FANTASTIC day.... Liverpool Football Club have won the Premier League!  4 Trophy's this campaign!  UEFA Super cup, Champions of the World, European Champions and now Champions of England!  You'll Never Walk Alone!   

For those of us who support each other through this forum... You'll Never Drive Alone!  YNDA!!!!

Congrats to Liverpool.

Been a Man Utd fan since before their air crash on my Birthday many moons ago. My old hometown team Bournemouth look to be heading south?

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

23 hours ago, Stuart said:

I remember when this 02 community was about helping each other.  That has gone to hell.  Sorry but it's how I feel.  I will not share the details publicly.

In the real world sometimes people say no.

You go around them ask the question and get it answered.

Edited by gary32
grow a pair
  • Like 1

Ok, since this generated so much activity, I'll provide "some" details.  Off the board, I responded to an ad asking about something else i saw in the picture.  The response was, buy the item and I'll tell you.  I responded that i could not afford the item but was looking for some help with some information.  Information that might help me. The response was, sorry can't help.  Hence the sad day. 

I will not give names and yes I should not have come here with this but it just rubbed me very wrong when normally people in this group are helpfull even off this board.  One of the worse things about this is that there were others, also on this board, that agreed with/supported the response.  Anyone interested in helping me, I will share what I need in a PM.  Sorry Steve if I broke some FAQ board etiquette guidelines.

I've been off the forum for a couple of days--no wi-fi where I'm staying so have to sit in the library parking lot to check the board...what happened?  I didn't spot a catastrophe--no one on the board died, and no one's 02 was either wrecked or stolen, so....I think I was the tenth member on the FAQ and have been posting pretty continuously since 2002--and after 51 years of 2002 ownership, I learn something new most every day--besides meeting a boatload of really nice folks...

BTW, thanks for the heads up, Gordon about the M42 chain tensioner.  My 318is has 130k miles and the tensioner is original AFAIK.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I love the 02 people where else in this world do you see a Korean war marine engage with a young kid with gauges the said marine could put a round 300 yards and leave as life long friends. Not many!

• Like 3

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

buy- and- sell is a dog- eat- dog world out there.  Wear your social mask in so- cal...

t

sad day, but not 2002 related.

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL