• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 BMW 2002 1600 E10

cdn97986

At the risk of sounding like “some grumpy old guy” — which probably describes me aptly — $7,500 sounds like a lot of money for a 1969 1600-2 that needs absolutely everything, and neither runs nor drives.

This car does hold out the possibility of having a low-rust body, one requiring little bodywork. And that would be a big plus — if it truly is true!

The chocolate brown door cards are from an early car, but maybe not this one: I haven’t seen a documented chocolate brown interior dated after April 1968. The lack of side marker lights and reflectors suggests a pre-January 1, 1969 manufacturing date (I supposed they could have been shaved with the awesome black paint job!). So if the car truly is a 1969 model, it would seem to be a September through December 1968 car.

But $7,500?

I’d opt for the O.B.O. option.... ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 7/2/2020 at 11:18 AM, Conserv said:

At the risk of sounding like “some grumpy old guy” — which probably describes me aptly — $7,500 sounds like a lot of money for a 1969 1600-2 that needs absolutely everything, and neither runs nor drives.

This car does hold out the possibility of having a low-rust body, one requiring little bodywork. And that would be a big plus — if it truly is true!

The chocolate brown door cards are from an early car, but maybe not this one: I haven’t seen a documented chocolate brown interior dated after April 1968. The lack of side marker lights and reflectors suggests a pre-January 1, 1969 manufacturing date (I supposed they could have been shaved with the awesome black paint job!). So if the car truly is a 1969 model, it would seem to be a September through December 1968 car.

But $7,500?

I’d opt for the O.B.O. option.... ?

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

VIN is 1565768 which would put it late July or early Aug '68.

• Thanks 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

Steve,

VIN is 1565768 which would put it late July or early Aug '68.

Thanks, Les,

So it’s a 1968 model, possibly erroneously titled and/or registered as a 1969.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 7/2/2020 at 9:18 AM, Conserv said:

At the risk of sounding like “some grumpy old guy” — which probably describes me aptly —

Regards,

Steve

OK Boomer. ? 

I think that nomenclature of old and grumpy is used by many of the yoooth hairz on this board to describe anyone who knows as much as we do.  

• Haha 1

But what do I know