• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuilding and mounting center console

lobf

17 hours ago, mgben said:

Is there a BMW Part Number for the long console hold down bracket (under the shifter surround)?

No part# AND the picture you posted shows it upside down.  It is meant to hold the rear of the console down firmly. And it does!  It is affixed by 4 very small screws that hold it to the sides without penetrating the outer vinyl.

Temp1.jpg

15 hours ago, esty said:

and if you go with one be careful drilling a hole in the tunnel you can goof the carpet

SO TRUE.  I'm a perpetrator of pulled weave from the drill bit snagging the brand new carpet.  Arghh!!!  I've seen a few more since.

TIP:

Now I tell everybody to use a pencil soldering iron to burn a hole in the carpet before drilling.  That way the edges of the carpet are sealed and there is much less chance of snagging when drilling into the tunnel.

• Like 2

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Wegweiser's trick for prepping carpet for hole-drilling worked for me!

Heat up a punch or drift with a torch and melt a hole in the carpet where you want to drill. The drill bit won't catch the fibers and cause a run.

I learned that one the hard way, incidentally! lol

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know the screw and washer part numbers used to assemble the actual centre console itself? I have a long centre console kit in bits and need to screw it together.

Also, anyone have a pic of where the screws were installed on the consoles ex factory please?

Screw and washer part #s from Realoem.com (but you can likely find at any decent HW store).

Plus some pics of console sides ( long and AC versions) showing fastener locations. The hole locations around the lower front fits directly into the shifter surround. The hole locations along upper front edge fit directly into the console faceplate front edge holes.

IMG_9340.jpeg

IMG_9339.jpeg

IMG_9338.jpeg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

6 minutes ago, visionaut said:

Screw and washer part #s from Realoem.com (but you can likely find at any decent HW store).

Plus some pics of console sides ( long and AC versions) showing fastener locations. The hole locations around the lower front fits directly into the shifter surround. The hole locations along upper front edge fit directly into the console faceplate front edge holes.

IMG_9340.jpeg

IMG_9339.jpeg

IMG_9338.jpeg

Unbelievable! Thanks so much @visionaut