• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Choke Cable

landon

I picked up this choke cable primarily for the knob that matches the rest of the car and will install it on my '75 with a converted 38 DGAS carb. Anyone know what the electrical connections are for? I am guessing that these wires would not be in the '75 harness - correct?  

Thanks,

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

On Euro '02s what's labeled as the brake warning light on a US car will light up when the choke is on if you have that pictured cable with the electrical contact.  AFAIK it was never used on US cars as Federal requirements meant that light had to be used for a brake low fluid warning. 

It would be simple enough to place a small LED in a drilled hole in the instrument cluster and wire it to the choke cable terminal and an ignition-on hot wire...but it's pretty easy to tell that your choke is on...

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 hours ago, irshmerc said:

20200706_100636_resized.jpg20200706_100434_resized.jpg20200706_100428_resized.jpg

Yep, what Mike said, i thought you either got a brake light or a choke light

Good luck

That's pretty cool. I'm going to skip the wiring on mine. Does your light also serve as a brake warning light?

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

Neat-  I love those.  The '85 land cruiser has one (and yes, a carb, for now)

I would totally hook it up- you can get it to share the brake warning system, if you want.

t

couldn't get a rental at Gatwick started in 1994- didn't realize it had a manual choke!

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

15 hours ago, irshmerc said:

Nope, just the choke

Good luck

If your '02 is a Euro, the red light comes on with Choke on, Handbrake on & low fuel........unless it's been messed with.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I've only seen the low fuel level light come one once......a nano second before I ran out. Won't do that again.

The handbrake switch is under the cover at the back of the handbrake; it might just need adjusting if it's still there.

• Haha 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17