• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distance between bolts holes on standard seats?

zambo

My car is away so I cannot take a seat out to measure. Hoping this off the top of someone's head.

Checked the threads but could find this but plenty about recaro seat adapter hole measurements!

Looking for back to front distance and across the seat (distance between rails).

Thanks as always.

I measured the hole spacing in a seat rail and they are 12 1/4" center to center.

I measured between the bolts at the back of the seat in the car and they are 17 1/2" center to center.

Sorry for the lack of metric measurements.  We're only allowed to use inches over here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I measured the hole spacing in a seat rail and they are 12 1/4" center to center.

I measured between the bolts at the back of the seat in the car and they are 17 1/2" center to center.

Sorry for the lack of metric measurements.  We're only allowed to use inches over here.

Here you go?

71sfPlGvgRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Tom the US was one of the first country's to sign the treaty of meter in 1875 and we have been a metric country when it was ratified about 3 years later and it's still or official measurement system.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I figured I was asking for trouble when I typed that.  I did apologize.

I do have a few measuring devices that have metric increments on one side... somewhere around here.

I do use the computer to convert, when I neeed to.

But all of my precision measuring equipment and drill bits and such are in inches.

I've got some conversions for you (two).

You can use a 9/32nds wrench on your brake bleeders.  (7mm)

You can use a 5/16ths wrench on your coil's nuts.  (8mm)

You can use a Crescent wrench on your valve cover nuts.  (10mm)

You can use a 7/16ths wrench on the brake fittings.  (11mm)

You can use a 1/2 " wrench on the carb mount nuts.  (13mm)

You can use an 11/16ths wrench on the brake adjusters.  (17mm)

You can use a 3/4" wrench on the lugs, or steering box lock-nut.  (19mm)

Tom

Yeah I've used most of those in a pinch with the exception of the brake fittings, you know those little bastard are out in your garage planning a way to round off next time you touch them.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

9 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Thanks for that - it’s 311mm and 444mm using an online metric converter, for those that are interested.